• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Flat battery

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
I have had an Olight S1R Baton for about a month now which I thought would be ideal to keep in a trouser pocket. I keep in in a fabric "The Nines" pouch which came with the torch. From fully charged it seems to only last a week or less even when not used and just sat in my pocket. Has anyone had any problems with this model self discharging. One possibility is the button is on the side and fairly proud. I am starting to suspect it's being knocked in my pocket and turned on that way.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
No issue with mine. I have two of the S1R batteries in reserve and in storage they hold charge as good as anything else I own. Even in the light I have no issue.

If you think it is being turned on in the pocket then spin the clip to cover the button.

Just because I don't have a problem don't mean yours won't have any either. It may be an issue with your individual light. No way to really know or tell over a computer. Could be a whole list of other reasons too.

My questions would be, during that week how much do you use it? I don't know anyone who carries a light just to carry it. They all get used. If you're putting it on blast or blast 2 often, them turbos eat up battery life. Maybe some more info on how much and how you use it would give us a better idea if you have a problem or if you're just enjoying the rechargeable flashlight life ;)

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
I like the idea of turning the clip to cover the button, I never thought of that. I am sure the batteries will hold the charge ok, I was thinking more on the lines of the torch itself discharging the battery when not in use.

On both occasions this torch is carried in case I need it and has been used hardly at all. However now we are into winter months I can see it being used a lot more. I think I was concerned because it was charged 2 weeks ago the left in my pocket. I remember using it once on medium setting for about 15 seconds to locate something in the garage. However when I came to use it after the 2 weeks it was totally flat. I am leaning more towards the possibility of the button getting pressed whilst in my pocket. There are plenty of tests I can do thinking about it. Charge it, leave it on the table for a few weeks then remove the battery and recheck it.

It is a very fine torch otherwise. I have 5 other Olight torches.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I like the idea of turning the clip to cover the button, I never thought of that. I am sure the batteries will hold the charge ok, I was thinking more on the lines of the torch itself discharging the battery when not in use.

On both occasions this torch is carried in case I need it and has been used hardly at all. However now we are into winter months I can see it being used a lot more. I think I was concerned because it was charged 2 weeks ago the left in my pocket. I remember using it once on medium setting for about 15 seconds to locate something in the garage. However when I came to use it after the 2 weeks it was totally flat. I am leaning more towards the possibility of the button getting pressed whilst in my pocket. There are plenty of tests I can do thinking about it. Charge it, leave it on the table for a few weeks then remove the battery and recheck it.

It is a very fine torch otherwise. I have 5 other Olight torches.

I mostly carry my S Mini now so the S1R sits a lot. Left in lock out or in ready to go mode mine don't drain any. Maybe try to lock it out and see if battery life increases. Then again not locked out. See if there is some kind of drain on your individual light.

I hope you get it sorted out. The Baton series are great durable lights in my experience. My son leaves his months at a time between use and his don't go flat any at all.

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick update. Left on a table turned off it's going from fully charged to flat within three days. Tried another battery and exactly the same. I have contacted the seller via Amazon, where it was purchased. Just see what they say now.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick update. Left on a table turned off it's going from fully charged to flat within three days. Tried another battery and exactly the same. I have contacted the seller via Amazon, where it was purchased. Just see what they say now.
To test your cells, do the test again, only unscrew the tailcap 1/4 turn. If the cells do not die you have proved it to your light. If possible you can also test the (Li-Lion cells only) voltage before and after your test to give the warranty'er some hard test data to back up your test times. Let us know what they say, hope You get it resolved soon.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Just wanted to check in and see if you were taken care of yet? If you don't hear anything back just let me know. Thanks!

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to check in and see if you were taken care of yet? If you don't hear anything back just let me know. Thanks!

Thank's, yes I have been contacted by the dealer TheNines B&T via Amazon UK. They have suggested I try another battery which I am in the process of doing. I did run tests on the original battery using an MC3000 battery analyser and the battery seems fine. I suspect the torch has turned on in my pocket even though it's inside a nylon pouch. I have also tried positioning the pocket clip over the button to help avoid accidentally pressing the button but I think it has the opposite effect and the clip itself may be pressing the button to a certain degree. So at the moment I am still trying to determine if there is a fault. I will contact them as soon as I have a definitive answer.

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
It's pretty easy to measure off current if you have a meter that can measure down to the micro-amp range, or know someone who does.
I measured about 1ua on my non-rechargeable S1 Baton. 1ua is a reasonable expectation.

Last edited: