S1 Baton - the dog walker

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
Rec'd today, what a great little light for walking my retriever.

Thanks Olight.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite lights I've ever owned. (And I've owned hundreds) glad you are happy with yours!

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
I ended up also ordering an S mini TI, mainly as a cap light. Very nice tiny lights.

surefire7

Newly Enlightened
Love these lights! When we travel with our Springer Spaniels to hunt in Iowa, these lights are so handy! Pocket sized, good variety of lumen options and good run times. Indispensable for our travels!

sbslider

Enlightened
I have a recently received S1R that I am very happy with. I don't have a dog right now, but I walk my wife every night, does that count? :thinking:

Capolini

Banned
I ended up also ordering an S mini TI, mainly as a cap light. Very nice tiny lights.

I won the S1 Mini baton in a Olight Xmas GAW!!:D

It is a cool little light,can not even tell that it is in my pocket.

I only use it a few minutes each night Since I hike every for about 4+ miles. I EDC it around the house though!

THANKS OLIGHT!! FAST DELIVERY AND A BEAUTIFUL POWERFUL LITTLE TORCH!!!

My GAW gift along with his Brothers,,,ALL little guys!

OLIGHT_S1_MINI.jpg

S10/i3S-CU-S1 Mini-USB Battery
LITTLE_OLIGHTS.jpg

sbslider

Enlightened
I won the S1 Mini baton in a Olight Xmas GAW!!:D

It is a cool little light,can not even tell that it is in my pocket.

I only use it a few minutes each night Since I hike every for about 4+ miles. I EDC it around the house though!
Congrats!!

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hey Guys! Glad everyone is enjoying our lights! I'm becoming a huge fan of the S1 Mini. I use mine to light up my backyard so I can see what exactly my dog is chasing!

wweiss

Enlightened
I EDC a S2R and Mini Baton CU nowadays. Great lights i love how small the mini is.

Rifter:

I agree 100%. Both of those lights give my dog and I very good "situational spill" which makes walking the dog in the wilds of SW CT a pleasure. Except for the tint of the S2R which I find ghastly, it is perhaps one of the best combinations of 'LUX' you can get in an un-modded light. If OLight change the tint option in the same form factor, I think they would sell out. I have a Mini Baton TI, which I wish I could get in the S2R form - the NW tint is good and those non-reflector TIR optics are genius...

I hope Olight is listening.
Sadly, I'm not the only one whining about the S2R tint and so far, no news from OL about an option to develop the form with more options. (sniff...)

Last edited:

Rifter

Enlightened
Rifter:

I agree 100%. Both of those lights give my dog and I very good "situational spill" which makes walking the dog in the wilds of SW CT a pleasure. Except for the tint of the S2R which I find ghastly, it is perhaps one of the best combinations of 'LUX' you can get in an un-modded light. If OLight change the tint option in the same form factor, I think they would sell out. I have a Mini Baton TI, which I wish I could get in the S2R form - the NW tint is good and those non-reflector TIR optics are genius...

I hope Olight is listening.
Sadly, I'm not the only one whining about the S2R tint and so far, no news from OL about an option to develop the form with more options. (sniff...)

Agreed on the tint, if they offered this with a better tint and maybe also high CRI it would sell like hotcakes.

1Oldlight

Newly Enlightened
Gota love the quality. In a throw away world,it's nice to see these little lights a built to last. Reliability is a given with Olight.

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
I have the S1 Baton and NOT impressed, it came with a 123 cell by XTAR and has so little run time on max as little as 20 seconds from fully charged on Nitecore charger, but notice the knurling is as per the S10 piccie but it's defo S1, do you think it may be fake it came in OLIGHT box etc, when it is on it's great but after conking out have to unscrew cap and pull batt out then put together to get going again!!

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
If you use the Olight 16340 "C" cell, It will really change your mind. If I use the standard Olight CR123 it is ok, but with the "C" cell it is "WOW"...
Hi,
Many many thanks for that, I will defo try one, will order today just a pity they don't supply a decent one to start with, esp considering the price, many thanks from a buddy across the pond!!

sbslider

Enlightened
If you use the Olight 16340 "C" cell, It will really change your mind. If I use the standard Olight CR123 it is ok, but with the "C" cell it is "WOW"...
I agree, if you don't have the right battery it won't behave properly. I used mine camping lat night, first time in a dark open area, and WOW!! I was able to light up an entire group site with this little light. I have the S1R, which I was using at 600 lumens, but I suspect 500 lumens would be basically the same.

Looks like the S1 does not include a battery normally, so whoever supplied the battery you bought needs to step it up a notch.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
Many many thanks for that, I will defo try one, will order today just a pity they don't supply a decent one to start with, esp considering the price, many thanks from a buddy across the pond!!

Your Welcome! When I bought mine from Olight, it came with the "C" 16340. I suspect the Olight & Four Sevens high performance 16340's May have the same cell under the labels. I was so impressed with their performance I now have around 10 of them. I usually use quality cells, but I have a few lights that had been basically sitting unused until I tried the new cells in them. Considering how difficult it is for the human eye to distinguish a difference in Lumens unless there is a two fold increase, it means the performance is really amazing. I have also been impressed by the run times too...

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Hi Crazyeddiethefirst,
I got my OLIGHT battery through the post today and WOW WOW WOW, it's totally transformed the torch, now thinking about it and knowing how terrible my memory is, it maybe wasn't supplied with the battery!!
It's just so hard not knowing what is good and not with batteries, I also ordered and got also today my OPUS BT-C3100 (V2.2) charger and it's ace, so glad I listen to peeps on this site, thank you for your help, from a buddy across the pond.
tabs

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tabs,
With good batteries and good chargers it is amazing the difference it makes. The S1 is a great light and I use low & med mostly, but the "wow" factor on Turbo is awesome [emoji41] glad to help....