Question on Manker flashlight quality

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Re: Question on flashlight quality

I have the MK35, U21 and E11 and I like them all. In fact, my U21vn is one of my all time favorites. They are not quite up with Acebeam and Olight, but they are not at the price point either.

AngryDaddyBird

Newly Enlightened
I just got 2 weeks ago their U11 In NW. it's been my new EDC since it arrived and no problems. Build is pretty good IMO. I can't say about long term but if problems arise I will post here. Very happy with it!

MX421

Enlightened

Yes, customer service is great too. In my experience

This is good to hear. I just recieved myManker E12 a little over weekago and it jut stopped working. Hopfully can resolve quickly. A little disappointed thogh Not only that, but the boot easily came off and i could see the electronic switch below it. It went back on easily (too easily), but so much for waterproof as i doubt the boot fitting is tight enough for a waterproofness i would prefer.

Last edited:

carnage

Enlightened

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Reading online there is a lot of mixed reviews on Manker lights.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened

They asked me what was wrong and sent the replacement parts to me no questions asked. I never had to send my E14 in

I just emailed mankerlight

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had good luck with the Manker brand, 10 or 11 lights, with one failure. Their customer service clarified the problem and immediately shipped me a new light without returning the defective one(side note, this was a $20 E02. If it was my Timeback or a more expensive light they may want the light back). Despite that failure, I love the E02 so much I have 3 and all work flawlessly). Their customer service personnel were well educated about their lights-I have dealt with other companies and after saying "the light was DOA" they ask "can you send us a video showing the problem"....

carnage

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys!

I was looking at the Manker MK41. If something does go wrong and they ask for a video, I have no way of recording one and don't know how to send it to them for viewing. Then if I have to ship it to China for any repairs, it's not worth getting the light.

harro

Enlightened
Own an E14V2 Nichia, MK35 Neutral White and a LAD Nichia, not a worry with any of them, and the LAD is used EVERY day, the E14V2 probably every other day.

:)

If I really had to have a pick, it would be the silicone rubber cover over the usb port on the LAD, not real durable, but who cares??, I don't swim with it in my pocket, and for the most, its fairly well protected anyway.

Last edited:

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened

If something goes wrong with the light, do you have to send it back to China for repairs?

At this moment, I am packaging up an MK34 that the button went bad in less than one year.

I cannot get through to Going Gear where my wife purchased it. No matter what I do with Going Gear, no one answers, calls me back or returns my e-mails. I gave up.

I have contacted China and they are having me send it back to them. I just boxed it up and I will take it to the post office tomorrow. Probably will cost me more than I paid for the MK34 to send it back for a fix. Plus, it probably will take two months or so to get it back.

I am now looking for a replacement and I don't think I will buy another Manker or buy from Going Gear.

Update:

I took the boxed up Manker MK34 to the post office to find out it was going to cost $47.50 to ship to China. I didn't send. I'll have to think about possibly not sending and put that money to a new flashlight (different manufacturer).

I'm not going to purchase another light from a manufacturer that does not have a warranty repair service in the U.S.

Last edited: