Reliable make/model/source for LiFePO4 cells in 16340 (RCR123) size

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I just ordered an Xtar VP-2 charger, and I'd like to try out some LiFePO4 cells in my lights that take 16340 cells, but don't handle the higher voltage of LiCoO2 chemistry very well. I realize I'll be taking a big hit in terms of capacity, but in general I'm looking to use these lights around the house, so it won't be a problem.

Thing is, looking at the usual online flashlight vendors, the only such cells I see readily available for a reasonable price are Tenergy 400 mAh. I see some K2 cells on Amazon for ~$13, claiming 600 mAh -- which sounds like robbery and optimism, respectively. Doing some searches here, I see references to AW-branded LiFePO4, but that seems to be a thing of the past.

So, can anyone comment on the quality of the Tenergy cells? Any better options I should consider? Are the K2 cells really 600 mAh, and/or worth 4x the price of the Tenergy cells?

Thanks!

Nichia!

Banned
No, never used them. But since Surefire recommends these I guess they will be fine.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of the Tenergy ones and have been using them for a couple of years sporadically. They aren't super high capacity but, they work well and have held up fine so far. I would buy them again.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the k2'S and they work fine, never tried the tenergies. I got the K2's because they are supposedly(?) the best. Runtime is roughly half what you get with CR123's.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I have a couple of the Tenergy ones and have been using them for a couple of years sporadically. They aren't super high capacity but, they work well and have held up fine so far. I would buy them again.

Thanks Tachead... since the Tenergy cells are on sale right now (Cyber Tuesday) for less than $3 each, I'm going to order a couple of them tonight and see how they work out.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I received my order today, and got to try out the Tenergy cells in a few lights. Preliminary results are good, they work well in most of my older lights that don't dig the higher voltage of Li-Ion...
— Eagletac D25C modes are preserved with 'proper' spacing (i.e., as they are with CR123A);
— Foursevens old Mini ML, no issues;
— my Olight S10 Baton, which for some reason has never worked with RCR123... worked fine with LiFePO4.

Only disappointment was FourSevens Atom AL... Tenergy cell length is a hair too long, and high mode won't work without tightening the head excessively.