Recommendations for 4 battery 18650 compact charger?

hardrock

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I am looking for a recommendation for a 4 battery 18650 charger. Id like it to be able to be used with an outlet (not usb), and provide a full charge to all batteries at the same time. I saw a nice Xtar one but based on the reviews, it only fully charges 2 at a time. I only use my flashlights 2x a year so not that worried about overheating, etc. If its compact, that would be even better.

Thanks,

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I am looking for a recommendation for a 4 battery 18650 charger. Id like it to be able to be used with an outlet (not usb), and provide a full charge to all batteries at the same time. I saw a nice Xtar one but based on the reviews, it only fully charges 2 at a time. I only use my flashlights 2x a year so not that worried about overheating, etc. If its compact, that would be even better.

Thanks,

I use a Nitecore D4 for my 18650s. It takes a minute to charge 4 at a time but it sounds like you won't be charging as often as I do, and it's fine for my uses. It does 4 at a time perfectly and it's compact. Price isn't bad but I bought direct from nitecore to avoid a fake. I don't want some kind of explosion going on. Price is still good direct from them.

terjee

Enlightened
Opus BT-C2100 might be worth a look. It's a fairly popular charger, and seems to do well. I have to admit I don't have one myself though (yet).

The Nitecore D4 isn't a bad choice, but there's been some failures with them, and they're awfully slow when you charge four batteries (375mA IIRC).

If you're okay with 2A default charge rate, you might want to consider the SC4 instead if you go with Nitecore.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I had been wondering about the Nitecore D4 also. The D2 I've been using for a year or so fairly regularly has been dependable, and I really like the built in display & meter.

JT

dennck

Newly Enlightened
Opus BT-C3100 is pretty reliable & versatile too. Charge up to 1A for 4 x 18650 and 2A for 2 batteries. Some users don't like the noise from the fan but I can bear that. I can also charges my smaller batteries by selecting the 200mA, 300mA & 500mA.