4Sevens announces closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine it's a tough business.........lots of competition. He rode the wave early on. I'm sure he's making the best economic choice for him and his family. I met David once. He's a nice guy. I wish him the best.

holygeez03

Enlightened
When I bought my Quark Tactical 2xAA Neutral circa 2010, I thought it would be the first of many 4Sevens lights... I later converted it into 1x14500 and I still use it occasionally... but I never bought a single other 47s light since there design and features went the opposite way of my tastes.

To this day though, I have never found a valid replacement for my Quark Tactical.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guesses on who is buying them out? Olight?

olightstore.com is my guess, they are only 13 miles apart, not that distance matters...
afaik 47s lights are already made by Olight. No idea if they plan to continue any of the 47s product l line..
there are big sales at 47s.. 70% off on the new smart Quark

And for the Quark Lego Lovers, the Quark TurboHead is only $15 (Im not affiliated, just reporting)

Woods Walker said:

FOURSEVENS
2774 Cobb Pkwy NW
Ste 109-377
Kennesaw, GA 30152

Olight USA
2150 NW Pkwy SE
Ste. M
Marietta, GA 30067

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad indeed. Foursevens was my first shop I bought flashlight stuff from when he didn't have his own flashlights yet.

I wish you and all the rest of the company best luck ;-).

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take on the Baton? that was a nice hint :).

Listen closely
Take-on "The Baton" as good as This Guy.

"Carry on the 47s legacy" that makes it sound like David is just tired of butting heads with Olight, and a non Olight person is buying 47s.. Imo Olight is stubborn, David is innovative and market savvy… he sits on Olights board of directors.. probably frustrating..

The 47s cr123 twisty production volume is tiny compared to TheBaton
David just made 500 each of the 2 final Stainless twisties
Olight made 10,000 of each of the 6 versions of the Copper and Ti SMini Batons

The TiTwisties are being reported as gritty.. Imo Twisty Ti is a poor combo.. where the New 47s could capture unique market with the Mk II Imo, would be by turning it into a compact tail clicky.. I'm not a fan of sideswitches, nor TiTwisties. So I would "Pass" on TheBaton, if a MK II size CR123 tail clicky was an option.. even if its electronic like TheBatonSwitch…

And then theres the Bluetooth Quarks to push forward.. and its clear to me Olight is not going there.. so maybe we will see another American buying a company that contracts for Chinese made lights. Thats very Apple like, American company, outsourcing manufacturing to China

How was it announced?

click the red triangle in the middle of post #1

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the 47's store they have very little left in stock.

I have a SS light (different brand) and it is indeed a robust finish. I EDC for over a year and it is still shiny as new.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
I was afraid this was coming; they've been clearancing inventory for weeks now. It's a shame to see them go; they've always been one of the best.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a SS light (different brand) and it is indeed a robust finish. I EDC for over a year and it is still shiny as new.

now you can have a Stainless Mini or a Stainless Mini Turbo
23908203897_61135b38ce_b.jpg

the 47s logo on those lights looks like an O to me :)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Thanks Dave for all the great gear.

unJOFhL.jpg

7Og3AQv.jpg

I am saddened by this news.

I am not surprised as was thinking the very thing over the last few weeks. Too many items at deep discount on Foursevens and through other avenues before the announcement. Some of the new offering were/are good but wished for things that couldn't be. In fact I am uploading a review of the Mini Mk II on Youtube right now. The old school Quarks are fantastic tools. I was skeptical of the entire moonlight thing before actually trying one out. 4/7 Tactical UI is one of my favorites. But IMHO the company had one arm tied behind it's back. It would be cool if somehow the mystery person was PK. I bet there are well extablished ties to Olight as well.

Has anyone told Chauncey.....

Last edited:

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
Oh no, I remember on the old times, as we are awaiting the new lights of another brand, David deals with. The time was always before christmas and we from oversea are now reading what good lights in the US were delivered. The tests on CPF are good and we are awaiting the flashlights. So now the global times are killing the innovating guys with there shops. My 4/7 Q mini cr 2 is my edc light since years. Heads up David

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Doesn't David own Olight?
(Edit)
IMG_20171202_084805.jpg

Answered my own question. (End edit)

I sensed he just wants to venture a different direction... possibly a different project involving new ideas and new technology. A very smart man who has made some pretty smart decisions over time so I'm prrrrrretty sure we'll see something amazing in time.

Bought a pair of PK Knights while there's still some left. 50% off, $0 shipping... you betcha!!

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Do any of the clearance lights have a neutral/warm or high CRI emitter option? (sorry, I had to take the opportunity one last time)

pc_light

Enlightened
Sad news indeed.

Dave's always been a professional and a pleasure to deal with him. In addition to his early Preon which I use regularly, I still have an old L0P-SE that I got from Dave over a decade ago which was even before he had his own brand. Not to mention the many Mini's and Atoms' I've enjoyed through the years.

Best wishes Dave, for your next endeavor.:thanks:

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Sad! The Atom AO CPF 15th anniversary edition with the 92 CRI Nichia is basically a perfect light. I wouldn't be surprised if it stays the smallest AAA light I own forever. And the illumn exclusive Preon P2s also running 92 CRI Nichia LEDs are really great lights.
What always stopped me from buying more of their lights was a lack of high CRI options and no tint options, which can be very hard to come by.
I understand back in the day they had options for warm tinted variants. Unfortunately I missed out on the timing, and by the time I found out about the warm tinted Preons, they were unavailable and never came back. I've wanted one ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.