Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

Jose Marin

Enlightened
David, i bought a qp2l-x right around when i first got into this hobby and when i only had a handful of lights. I now have 200+ lights from all sorts of different manufacturers with all different user interfaces and i always come back to quark pro. The 2 different mode groups and no mode memory hits the sweet spot and is the perfect edc imo. Good luck man, your brand will be missed dearly.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a really great adventure David.
I too owe my Flashaholism to You my friend ;)
I look forward to the next chapter life brings.
I wish You and family the best.
Take Care
GL

sandalian

Enlightened
Foursevens is my trusted brand since it was 4Sevens.
I wish you have the best for yourself and your family, David.

Godspeed.

:mecry:

scout24

Flashaholic
Let's for five minutes or so allow fans of the brand to discuss and lament their closing their doors. If you have warranty or QC concerns, please call or email, not wee wee on the wake here. Damn, folks...

866-465-7334 with questions 9-6 Eastern time, US. There is also a "click here to email" link, and a street address. I found this info without having to ask here...

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
Let's for five minutes or so allow fans of the brand to discuss and lament their closing their doors. If you have warranty or QC concerns, please call or email, not wee wee on the wake here. Damn, folks...

866-465-7334 with questions 9-6 Eastern time, US. There is also a "click here to email" link, and a street address. I found this info without having to ask here...
Yes, thank you.

47's has spent a lot of years at the top of my list, with some of the most anticipated product releases that totally delivered. I still remember a post by a CPF member whose wife heard him talking in his sleep about "that Maelstrom b***h" in the days David was still teasing that line.

Thanks David and the 4Sevens team. It's been great.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear David, but I hope your future is bright :)

I wonder what will happen with the FOURSEVENS brand of lights after this if it is continued by whoever he is talking about.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two special edition lights and..........:ohgeez:

Whatever the reason behind this change, I wish David all the best in whatever the future holds.

Not only has David made a real difference to this industry, but he has always acted as the perfect gentleman and with honour. I'd like to send HUGE thanks for everything you have added to this community and for all your awesome lights.

lumenati

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, David, and your FOURSEVENS team, for a wonderful time!! Your love of flashlights, your quality, innovation, your cutting edge and your brilliance, has made an impact on the industry and in my world. Both positive. You have taken me over the last 11 years from a 90 (ANSI) lumen, Fenix P1D CE to a 1,000 lumen FOURSEVENS Mini Mark II! Plus you made the Mark II smaller, out of copper and titanium with PVD coatings, programmable and you included a rechargeable battery with a charger... and then you sold them to me for less! You will be missed! May you and those of your team have the best of life.

ven

Flashaholic
You seem a super nice chap David, wish you the best on future endeavours and do hope its flashlight related. My last (up to now as i do plan on others) is the mini ti, i might even call it David!

PS- those stainless mini lights are very nice!

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
PS- those stainless mini lights are very nice!

They are, my SS Mini Turbo is my new EDC. IIRC David stated somewhere that the Mini series were the biggest seller, if true he chose the perfect Series to go out with. I am still trying to wrap my head around this situation and guess I will never see my "Lumen Bomb/ball" :laughing: :p

SNES

Newly Enlightened
Just a heads up, the MINI ML-X in solid brass (Best Made collaboration) is on clearance for half off. I've been looking for one of these for a while now, so I snagged a couple.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
They also added to the clearance page 1) Classic Preon P2 in black and satin Ti, and 2) Quark Pro QP2L-X... I wonder if they're finding these lights while doing an end-of-year cleaning :)

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Thank you, David, for all you have given to this community. Every time I have interacted with you or your employees, whether in person at SHOT Show, on the phone, or over the web, I have been treated with great courtesy and respect, and your products have always been top-notch. I will miss the FourSevens brand, and I will miss you. I hope that you have success and enjoyment in whatever you pursue next.

Lucciola

Enlightened
What a sad news.

I have used three QuarkAA² tactical for years now, literally *every* day.

They are older than my kids and each of my kids received one for the bedside table. They just keep them running the whole night on moonlight mode to scare-off the monsters under the bed. If they need more light they just turn the head to got to medium, where they have hours of light for creepy night hikes or closet expeditions. On two eneloops these great lights seem to run forever with my preset definitions - at least they are much later exhausted than my two little rascals which is not an easy thing to do. :rolleyes:

In the last years I bought and gave away many lights, many of which are much brighter than the Quarks. But I'll never give away my Quark tacticals, they are just so useful, even if today they are not the brightest any more. I don't even use them on the brightest mode, usually in and around the house about 50-70 lumens is plenty enough to find a toy under the sofa or to search for Lego pieces missing in action.

David, whatever you'll do now, I thank you for your contribution to the flashlight community. You'll certainly not remember, but we met once many years ago in Nürnberg/Germany when you were over here for the IWA show. You're a nice guy and I wish you all the best for your future.

Lucciola

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
[h=3]From 4/7 site:
Final Thoughts - December 15, 2017[/h]As we are closing our store today many thoughts and feelings come up that I wish to express.
Firstly, I want to thank you all for being a fan of FOURSEVENS these 10+ years. Without you, our loyal and adamant supporters, we wouldn't have been able to achieve all that we have. It has been a wonderful journey to take mere ideas on paper all the way through to production and into the your hands to enjoy. I am thankful for each of our customers and the interactions that we had - not only for the numerous gracious compliments but also all the critical feedback we received. It has been a never ending learning process and we have learned so much in these years.

Looking forward, I am excited to pass on the baton to someone I hold in high esteem and is more than qualified to take the brand further. I will most likely assist him in the coming months as he needs me to transition the brand into his vision. He will announce the details early 2018. Get ready for a reboot of the FOURSEVENS - I expect it to be better than ever.

David Chow
Founder, FOURSEVENS

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all for your kind words!

XXX with questions 9-6 Eastern time, US. There is also a "click here to email" link, and a street address. I found this info without having to ask here...
We no longer have resources to take phone calls - they are going to voicemail.

Two special edition lights and..........:ohgeez:
Whatever the reason behind this change, I wish David all the best in whatever the future holds.
Not only has David made a real difference to this industry, but he has always acted as the perfect gentleman and with honour. I'd like to send HUGE thanks for everything you have added to this community and for all your awesome lights.
Thanks Richard! Will you be at shot? I'll be there - hope to see you.

They are, my SS Mini Turbo is my new EDC. IIRC David stated somewhere that the Mini series were the biggest seller, if true he chose the perfect Series to go out with. I am still trying to wrap my head around this situation and guess I will never see my "Lumen Bomb/ball" :laughing: :p
The lumen bomb was ready to go - waiting on a military contract to make it happen. Unfortunately like everything else everyone has an opinion but nobody wants to slap down a contract so we went through like more than 7 iterations of prototypes which burned up our R&d budget. What broke the camels back was when they said they wanted the ball to break windows, be waterproof and be make of metal with carbide inserts. :/ Beam you should make it to shot this year. It'll likely be my last. Do it!

So any guesses on the new owner anybody? Would be bad *** if it was paul kim
Not PK :p