• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New OVEREADY website

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Announcement

We are switching to a new web site, the transition will go like so:

1) keep old site on the main domain: http://oveready.com

2) establish new site on a temporary domain: http://overready.com

3) spend a week kicking the tires and confirming functions (now)

4) redirect the main domain over to the new site as well

5) close the old site/server

Things you can try on our temporary site:

Visit your account page: http://www.overready.com/my-account/
Buy BOSS Flashlights with our new flashlight builder
Shop around and add things to your cart
Test the new checkout
Add items to your wishlist
Test our new mobile skin

Notes
continue placing orders on the old site until the main domain is switched over
quantities are fake. Items you see with stock that were out of stock are still out of stock
payment gateways are in test mode so you can check out without your real info
if your password doesn't work, request a password reset
order history is only through october, november/december will be imported next week
reply to this thread with any questions/concerns/issues

Last edited:

stans

Newly Enlightened
I tried logging in and it's telling me my account can't be found, this would make my wife very happy.:D

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Logged in successfully with a password reset.

Beautiful accomplishment.

The Big Sales black box on the left has what appears to have grey for the copy. Since we keep our device display brightness down, it is rather hard to read the grey letters on the black background. Not a big deal; was just trying to come up with something to suggest for improvement. The site really does look good. Go Overready!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wondering how many people will order their dream flashlights on this new temporary transition website?

Found out I have ordered over 19 times from Oveready since December 2013, for a total of $1789. Worth every dollar no question, no hesitation. But will not be volunteering that information to my wife. One beauty of Oveready is that a person can do the a la carte thing stretched out over months/years, if desired.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typing in the address bar overready.com directly, revealed an e scout head purchase in the cart. I deleted it and successfully logged in again.

One time my wife asked how much an Oveready flashlight that was in my hand cost. After telling her it was over $300 she never asked again.

Turns out I have spent about $37 a month on Oveready niceties over the past 4 years. Well, since I pay about $14 a month on cellular service (Republic Wireless) then I figure it comes out even. Except the Oveready stuff could be sold, or continue to be used, or handed down...

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bilmey, you've been busy Dan.
The new site looks great. The old one was fine, but this seems more accessable.
Another thumbs down for the Sale Box - seriously can't read the text especially using F.lux.
When do you sleep?
P

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can we add items to our wishlist by now? It's good to be able to do so, as some folks like to surf here and there, add something, then add more later... until ready for a full cart. :poof:

New site looks good.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
UPDATE

Thurdsay Dec 7 - last day to order from old site

Friday Dec 8 - transition day, no orders accepted

Saturday Dec 9 - first day to order from new web site

JohnSmith

Enlightened
When I go to the new domain now, I still have a notice at the top stating that it is a demo site and that orders will not be fulfilled. I assume that's a leftover from testing and the new site is where we should be placing orders now, correct?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if you are on the oveready.com site (without the extra 'r' in the address) and not overready (demo site)

Tried oveready.com (with just one 'r') on my cheapo rinkydink cell phone this morning; worked fine searching products.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I think I get it now... I didn't understand that the 'double R' site was only for testing, I thought it would become the actual new website once the testing period was over.

ven

Flashaholic
Dont like it much.........makes me want to spend money..........oh hang on;)

Real nice work, easy to use, nice layout with the fantastic pics per usual. Top job!:)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry for the confusion. We own both domains and RR usually forwards but became its own (test & preview) site during the transition. With R fully switched over, RR again redirects to R.

Still cleaning up dust etc on the new site but its working!

Strintguy

Enlightened
The site does have a nice easy look, but I miss the white cerakote light on the front page! Always made me want one...

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just poking around the website and I noticed that most of the moddoolar line lists the country of manufacture as China. Just curious if this is a change in the manufacturing operation or just a website error.