Is my Dobermann Pro defective? output down to candlelight after 2 seconds...

liliumcandle

Newly Enlightened
I just opened the Dobermann I bought from Nkon and it looks as it doesn't work properly: In all modes, with a 4,17 V battery, the light starts at a certain brightness but in a couple of seconds drops to a candlelight output.
please see this video I just made to explain:
https://youtu.be/AI41Nz9vgAg
You can see it sort of flickers down to the low setting, and it does the same with both pressing the switch halfway and fully depressing it to a "click"
I used a VTC6 and a MC3000, both from my previous Nkon order to make sure the battery is full (I checked with more than one battery). The flashlight in the video has the head screwed tight.
Am I missing something? (I cleaned the contacts with a qtip but honestly I don't think it should make such a difference)

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you checked the cell with a multi-meter to be certain it's not the charger causing the problem? It certainly appears as though the circuitry is faulty, but it also seems to be doing so as though the cell were depleted.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several new Armyteks and none of them behave like that. It seems your sample is faulty. Sorry for the bad luck. Fortunately you can ask the dealer for a replacement.

liliumcandle

Newly Enlightened
Have you had experience with returning faulty items to Nkon? They contacted ArmyTek but I don know how long this will take...
I also had a defective Olight bought on amazon, the return process was incredibly fast there...