• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Amber vs Red choice

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
If this has been covered before, please let me know where - I looked at the thread titles and haven't seen this topic before

I have the red filter for the Surefire E series so can see what to expect, how does it differ to the Amber? Is Amber brighter than the red? What is the use of Amber vs red? I think ina tent it would be brighter and nicer, but wonder whether I would just use dim mode instead.

Any feedback greatfully received, the other day both options were available in black aluminium so not sure which to go for

Thank you.

Gsrdc2

Newly Enlightened
b5adff27fefc0932dc8c986a96820be1.jpg

Gsrdc2

Newly Enlightened
I like amber just my preference. But I do own one Red secondary. Hope this helps

Scribe

Newly Enlightened
Amber is a bit brighter and works better in city settings. The red is not as bright, but more stealthy. Both are great, just depends on taste. I have a mix of OR lights in red and amber.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I expect I would mainly use 4 levels of white light but nice to have a coloured option. Amber might be best as I already have red covered with my Haiku.

Thanks again

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additionally you can use the bounce feature for red or amber to make it a hidden 5th mode. Those secondary LED are very useful for EDC.