Top 5 AAA keychain flashlights of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nichia!

Banned
I own a lot of AAA flashlights and every time I shop for new lights I find myself looking for the AAA flashlights first!

Am not sure why? Maybe because of the size and the look.

Anyway Here's my Top 5 AAA keychain lights of 2017.

1. Maratac aaa Copper nichia REV 4

2. Lumintop Tool aaa Titanium/Copper nichia

3. Jetbeam Jet U aaa Aluminum

4. Olight i3E EOS aaa Copper

5. Surefire Titan plus

So what you guys think.

Last edited:

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Ultratac k18 2017 version with nichia 219c. This light supports 10440 battery and has a low voltage warning. Comes in multiple colours as well as stainless steel and brass. On paper this has to be the best aaa flashlight for your money.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Prometheus Lights Beta QRv2
Fantastic beam quality, Nichia 219 emitters, and a great quick release that makes it the best keychain specific AAA in my opinion.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
The AAA flashlight of my choice in 2017 is the Thrunite Ti3 with XP G2 emitter in neutral white. Chosen because of neutral option, nice mode spacing with decent runtimes, G2 actually has decent throw, and nice usable pocket clip option...not to mention cheap price tag. I've bought four so far for myself and family. One has been on my keychain for some time now with no issues.

niraya

Newly Enlightened
2. Lumintop Tool aaa Titanium/Copper nichia

3. Jetbeam Jet U aaa Aluminum

I think for very little energy of AAA, efficacy would be very important factor. The above two have very low lumen/watt ratio. My favorite is Manker E02h - has one of the most efficient AAA driver and even has user programmable moonlight level.

Last edited:

Emspop

Newly Enlightened
I find the non-QTC Peak LED Eiger to be the best performing and most reliable light of the lot. And I know I am the minority. :)

Pretty much the only only light I carry any more is an Eiger.

saypat

Enlightened
Ultratac K18 - stainless
Manker EO2

managed to pick up (2) Preon P1s on sale for $12/ea! Should have bought all 200 of em!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
1. PK-PL2 Best thrower and one handed operation in a twisty I own for 1xAAA.

2. Olight I3s EOS. Overall the best for EDC for me in this class.

3. Olight I3e. On my key chain. Survived multiple drops on the bezel cuz they always fall face first. Took a spin in the washer with my keys. Works and is crazy small. What more can be said.

4. Fenix E01s in a few of the survival tin PSKs as that's what they do best. I like the stupid awful purple tint because they work every time.

Those are about the only ones I use. Can't count what's on order or languishes without use.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had a chance to try one yet, but it's on my list, because from what others have said, the Manker E02 brings together a bunch of great features.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prometheus Lights Beta QRv2
Fantastic beam quality, Nichia 219 emitters, and a great quick release that makes it the best keychain specific AAA in my opinion.

+1

I have had v1 of it on my keychain for 3.5 years. I tried a lot of different lights before I got this, but have felt no desire to try anything else since I got it since it is perfect for me. The quick release function is what really sets this apart from the other keychain lights, and it looks like it has gotten even better in v2. I got the version in electroless nickel, and no coating is worn of, not something I can say about the anodized lights I have used previously.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
1. PK-PL2 Best thrower and one handed operation in a twisty I own for 1xAAA.

2. Olight I3s EOS. Overall the best for EDC for me in this class.

3. Olight I3e. On my key chain. Survived multiple drops on the bezel cuz they always fall face first. Took a spin in the washer with my keys. Works and is crazy small. What more can be said.

4. Fenix E01s in a few of the survival tin PSKs as that's what they do best. I like the stupid awful purple tint because they work every time.

Those are about the only ones I use. Can't count what's on order or languishes without use.

I like the i3S and i3E as well. I have the S in raw brass and keep the E on my keychain too. Only thing with the S is battery life is noticeably shorter and I prefer a light to last a week minimum of daily use. The eneloop just can't make it a week and it's the best battery in it so far. I can live with that though for being so small and it's bright for its size on high mode. It also has an amazing in between CW and NW tint that's easy on the eyes. Win goes to the i3E for keychain though. The i3S is a great shirt pocket light and in raw brass looks good when the dress code is defcon 4. I prefer a light in the shirt pocket over the pants pocket. Win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.