What'll they think of next. Mini 18650 powerbank.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have ordered a lot of small things from Banggood over the last few years, so I am on their mailing list. They had some interesting things in today's email, so I went to look at them. The amazing thing I found was an 18650 cell powerbank. What is amazing about it is that they took the idea others have had for chargers, and added a power bank feature. It is basically two end caps with a handle between them that also connects the two. The positive end cap has a microUSB slot to charge the cell with, and either a Type C USB, a microUSB, or a Lightening connector. The really amazing thing about it is the price: It is $4.99 USD until 12/10, then it goes back up to $9.99. I think I am going to order one just to see how well it works and lasts. There have been times when I have been out and about and have run my tablet down to 10%. It would be handy to have one of these along, especially now that winter is here and I will have a handy coat pocket to carry it in. I'll add to this thread when it arrives next year, and again after I have used it for a while.

PS: You have to order this from the Banggood app. If you order it through your browser it will be the $9.99 price.

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that it has "magnetic suck".

It is interesting though because as you said it takes the portable chargers that were available hand made by a guy in England ~7 or 8 years ago, then from Olight and Folov (? spelling) recently and adds the power back.

Timothybil - you need to order two (because two is one) :D

Great Idea

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to the Folomov A1? It's not surprising to see that since it is quite common functionality. You could easily build your own with many more features by simply extracting the PCB from an Lii-100 (see below) or similar single-slot charger.

VuDFW.png

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Not sure what the great thing about this is as you can buy a cheap plastic 18650 power bank on Ebay for about $1 and use it to charge batteries just the same. If you don't like the case you can easily remove the circuit board and add wires and magnets or whatever you desire. I've used one of these to "test" batteries in a battery pack to see if they can take a charge or not.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Timothybil - you need to order two (because two is one) :D
Great Idea
Arrrgh!

PS: After I posted this and ordered one, I found another one for $7.99 that looks to be a little more robust. It will accommodate most cell sizes up to the 26650, and has a USB A male/female head for greater flexibility. I'm going to keep that one in mind while I see how this one works out.

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
PS: After I posted this and ordered one, I found another one for $7.99 that looks to be a little more robust [..]

Could you please link or give some other way to locate/identify which charger(s) you refer to.

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, so you originally referred to the Xanes XC01 mentioned last week in the Banggood deals thread, not the Folomov A1 that I mentioned above.

Regarding the XC01 it is not clear but you get only one type of output jack which you specify when placing the order (and the $5 price does work through a browser too).

Last edited: