Green LED EagleTac D25LC2 changed to cool white?!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about 3 years ago I spoke with Mike S at PTS and found a really nice GREEN LED 18650 light, the EagleTac D25CL2 on sale for $66 down from $74. I use the light on a shelf about 12 hours a day on lowest setting. it emits beautiful green light. I really like it. When I was changing cells today the light's color suddenly became cool white instead of green:thinking:. It was a good light while green but the last thing I need is a "wimpy" (by today's brightness standards) $66 cool white LED light. I will call Mike and see what he says. UPDATE I just called the number and it's no longer in service?! I wonder what happened.:thinking:

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Sounds like you used up all the green!

:D

I don't have an answer but I was curious about your usage... How were you using the light that necessitated you leaving it on for 12 hours a day? Thanks...

Taz80

Enlightened
It sounds like you have an Eagletac D25LC2 color. If you start in low and rotate the head to high and back three times it should change from white to red, green, blue and then back to white. When it gets to green turn it to high, it should stay green. The light likes all of its contact surfaces clean otherwise it acts up.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW Thanks everybody here and at Eagle TAC! I really appreciate the help with this. Ive had the light so long I forgot it was multi colored:eek:

its back on green and I love it!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you used up all the green!

:D

I don't have an answer but I was curious about your usage... How were you using the light that necessitated you leaving it on for 12 hours a day? Thanks...

its a "working shelf queen" lighting up some artwork on bookshelf.