Odd-sized Hot Dummy Spacers

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I read through a few older threads on hot dummies, and they sound straight forward to constuct, but I have no tools or materials, and I need 4x1/2AA 14250 hot dummies for a gift, to allow 1.2v 1/2AA NiMh cells to fit snuggly in an ordinary 4-slot AA/AAA wall wart dumb charger.

If anyone knows where to buy them, or can neatly construct 4 of these low resistence 1/2AA hot dummies and make them look good with shrink wrapping and special attention, all without too much bother or insanse cost, information is appreciated (espescially if I am being obtuse about charging these: will these cells (probably) charge and terminate safely stacked in a dumb wall charger?). Thanks.

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Thanks, fivemega.

Hope to hear if charging 1/2AA stacked, so 8 at a time... is fine...?
...just curious if I am overthinking the solution, which might also be, charge them stacked. (BQ-CC17 Panasonic charger, which I can't test on, my wall chargers are timed and steady current, not as advanced as BQ-CC17, dv/dt with trickle charge, or whatever it has). I don't like the idea of charging cells in series, but I know it is not uncommon.

I think I am still interested regardless, fivemega, need my own dummies, too

Last edited:

Latest posts