Maglite pro +

JohnDeereman

Newly Enlightened
I have a maglite pro + that the led went out. Any way to put a better led and driver in this light?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a maglite pro + that the led went out. Any way to put a better led and driver in this light?

Not easily. It involves reflow soldering, and taking apart an electronics package that from a couple minutes looking at it when I was curious about one, I didn't see an obvious means to take it apart.

I think your best option is to contact Maglite customer service and see if it is covered under warranty.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello and welcome JD!
Do you have a sentimental attachment to this torch? The reason I ask is because it can be fixed, but it would take a decent amount of work. We could totally help you if you wish to dive into modifications.

Honestly, there are much, much better LED torches you can pick up for less than $40. Currently a great company, foursevens.com, is liquidating their stock. You can pick up a double AA torch there for like $32. Once you have a solid, working torch, you can take your time on getting the Mag back up and running

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay, that's fine. Let's have a look at the guts then. Does it use a driver, or is it direct drive? 3v from two AA cells are not much, it might just be direct.

Can you post some photos of the LED side (with the reflector off), so we can see how to take it apart.