Question about CHOETECH 10400, voltage and power banks in general?

manta

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I recently acquired the following power bank from Choetech:

CHOETECH Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0(link is external)

I specifically picked this power bank for the LiPo cells. The power bank is functioning fine and I have no complains but I have noticed one little quirk.

When the power bank is off, the blue port has no power at all, meaning that if you plug in a USB power meter it doesn't measure anything. But in contrast the other port on the power bank, labeled as USB2, measures a voltage of 3.67V.
In short with the power bank off, the secondary port has voltage when the primary port (blue) does not. When you turn the power bank on, both ports switch to 5.25V.

My question is, if this is normal or not? Can anyone else confirm this is happening on their power bank and if so what's the benefit of such a design.

For the record, the store I purchased the power bank from has confirmed that this is happening with all of the samples they have. So it's not a problem specifically tied with the one I purchased.

Many thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello Manta and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, but please refrain from creating duplicate threads. It does not get your posts approved any faster, it just creates more work for the mods.

manta

Newly Enlightened
Hello Manta and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, but please refrain from creating duplicate threads. It does not get your posts approved any faster, it just creates more work for the mods.

Apologies for the double post. The confirmation dialog for the first post took a while to load and then the page redirected in a couple of seconds so I sort of missed it. :sigh: