18650 recommendation

rictus.grimm

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting myself an Olight s2 baton for work and wondered if anyone could recommend any 18650s for it 3000mah +
Many Thanks :)

Mchipman

Newly Enlightened
I also have the S2 and have a Fenix. I would stay with the Olight or a trusted manufacturer like Fenix.

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
I have two S2's and use them a lot. This time of year it's a good EDC for me. One of the many things I like about it is it will run on basically any 18650. I use my well-seasoned Panasonic NCR18650B's. Even though the S2 does not need a higher drain 10A cell I would buy Panasonic/Sanyo NCR650GA's because the price delta between the two is very small and it's a more modern cell. The LG 18650MJ1 is also a good option and also a 10A cell all three cells are rated between 3400 and 3500mAh. The S2 has a spring in both sides of the battery compartment so you can use flat or button top. All three are available both ways. I would recommend a protected cell for your first time around unless you have experience with LiIon cells. The three above mentioned cells are available both unprotected and protected. A protected cell will prevent you from over charging and over discharging the cell but will cost a little more.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Olight batteries are top notch. I'm 10% of the way through the 500 charges listed for the Olight S1R battery form completely dead, to fully charged, just over 50 full from dead charges. Since I got the SMini Ti some time ago it replaced the S1R for daily carry. It's been sitting two weeks and I just checked it. 4.20V. Hasn't dropped any since it came off the charger.

For 18650s I run the streamlight branded cell. It runs a tad shorter than higher mah batteries but it runs at full brightness longer then fades quicker. Where the higher mah batteries I've tried dim quicker but run slightly longer. I'm more into full brightness at a longer time than pure run time with dimmer output along the way. They aren't super expensive either. Very good 18650s.

i have a pair in my MT40GT and it just runs and runs and keeps going. I don't see a need for anything else.