C9000, "service mode".

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
just happened to be talking to a fellow C9000 owner yesterday, and he asked me about something that sparked my memory.
The C9000 state, for lack of a better word for it, that appears after pressing the up-arrow when powering up, was or is there anything useful that could be fiddled with there for some of you? Doesn't appear so on my HW/SW version of the unit at least. Pressing a few buttons, nothing much happens, almost feels as if it's not even by design, unless of course you have to do something else in conjunction with it.

Just got curious, remembered it during conversation and failed to find the answer.

Many thanks,
/Dennis

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,
just happened to be talking to a fellow C9000 owner yesterday, and he asked me about something that sparked my memory.
The C9000 state, for lack of a better word for it, that appears after pressing the up-arrow when powering up, was or is there anything useful that could be fiddled with there for some of you? Doesn't appear so on my HW/SW version of the unit at least. Pressing a few buttons, nothing much happens, almost feels as if it's not even by design, unless of course you have to do something else in conjunction with it.

Just got curious, remembered it during conversation and failed to find the answer.

Many thanks,
/Dennis

I'm going on six years with my C9000 and I remember reading here about it a few years back, so my memory may be spotty?

There are some things that can be tweaked, but it's not like the C9000 is the SkyRC MC3000. I also recall that there's no 'factory default' position to fall back on if you go dwanky with it, so one needs to write stuff down as they're fiddling with the settings...again if I recall correctly.

I've never screwed with mine and it's still working pretty well--apart from the first bay 'seemingly' undercharging slightly, compared with bays 2-3-4.

Chris

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted the service mode instruction a few months back, but i dont think anybody was brave enough to try it, :duh2:

When you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you.

John.

Last edited:

SweD

Newly Enlightened

I sort of found the same things, but due to lack of self preservation, I did press buttons, saw some numbers change, but next time I restarted into this mode, it's all the same, so nothing seems to "stick". I've never tried this mode with batteries inserted, however. Still a bit of a curiosity as to what is the purpose of this, obviously not meant for end-users, but more some test-mode I suppose, oh well. If I unplug, reboot the thing into normal mode, it still works the same as it always has, as far as I can tell.

All said under the condition that I'm using version 0H0BB of the unit, as stated on the back of it. :)

/Dennis

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you know the C9000 has an maximum charging capacity of 4000mah, I know AA max is only 2900mah but if you use the D cell adapter you can get an 10.000mah D, your going to have to charge it 3 times to fill an empty one.

John.

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Did you know the C9000 has an maximum charging capacity of 4000mah, I know AA max is only 2900mah but if you use the D cell adapter you can get an 10.000mah D, your going to have to charge it 3 times to fill an empty one.

John.

I have never had reasons to charge a D-Cell using the C9000, so no, I didn't know that. The only number I know I've seen is 20000mAh as max, but that might be for break-in mode.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the C9000 it had a termination problem, so the 4000mah limit was introduced for safety, the only exception is in break-in mode.

Though i have never termination problems with any of my C9000

Removing the 4000mah limit would be a great thing to be able to disable, service mode ???

John.