S/Msize thrower (M2X-ut/sr52)to acompagny preordered headlight (h600fc) walking woods

Rikt

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, (allready a small excuse for my bad english, ill do my best :) )

as you can read in the title i'm looking for a midsize thrower (1-3 x 18650, or rechargable modelspecific) to use when im walking in the woods and also open fields/plains. Spotting animals and looking for my dog who is too far away. Oopz.. Outdoors essensially. Also for safety because in de last year my dog caught 2 burglars.

Flood will be provided by my zebralight which will be shipped (i hope) tomorrow (thanks to the advice of candlepowerforum experts) :thumbsup:
So im defenintly looking for a thrower. A little bit of usable spill or a wider spot is appreciated, not an extreme extraterrestial laserpoint device :thinking: :)

I dont need verry long runtimes because i will be using the flashlight now and then. I will carry it in a holster and take out when needed. (Headlight = mainlight) im happy with +-1hr descent throw..

After a lot of reading a the lights (next to many others) looked the most intresting:

olight sr52-ut: rather big but seems nice
output is good but the 4hrs on max i dont need.
Smaller with comparable throw is better..

olivht m2x-ut: i think this is gonna be the one, nice tint (dont like ultrawhite/blueish), nice size, output ok... any toughts or better alternatives?

Some brands i can get my hands on:
Armytec, fenix, led lenser, nitecore, olight and others but not acebeam

Budget: 200 usd or less

Thank you for advice!
R.

Rikt

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

after watching too much videos, some second toughts:
Maybe the beam is just too tight for like say.. searching a field for my dog..
The M2x-ut really throws verry far, maybe too far... a bigger spot would, maybe, be better for searching..

any help would be verry much appreciated,
thank you.

R.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight HL-X. Has a perfect combo of throw and flood. Most lights are one or the other but this one does both extremely good. I find myself using it way more than I thought I would.

Rikt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks,
looks verry intresting!
The M23 from olight (which i just discovered) seems to beat it in distance and the beampattern looks also nice. I'm thinking (now :) ) i will probably buy the M23.
Thanks for your advice!

R.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Thanks,
looks verry intresting!
The M23 from olight (which i just discovered) seems to beat it in distance and the beampattern looks also nice. I'm thinking (now :) ) i will probably buy the M23.
Thanks for your advice!

R.

I'm an Olight fan but never really looked at that one. Looks to be about perfect. Good find! Just so many choices these days. Lights that size are the perfect in between I find I use more than I thought I would.

Let us know how it works out for you when you get it.

Rikt

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

Just got it yesterday together with an Xtar plus master charger and 2x 19860 xtar 3500mA.
.. charged fully... tested ...

WAW! :party:lovecpf:rock:

Verry happy with it, fits my needs perfectly and what a range! Without blinding at close range.
recieved an olight penlite gift with it and that little thing even gives more light then the other flashlights i have.

Range: perfect. Further is really not necessary. I dont have superhuman eyes so why would i want to light up places where i wouldnt see what is what. Lol bad english but a little euforic here :p.

Beam: perfect, wide enough to use as a good searchlight. The m2x/m3x would be too much of laserbeam for me

Feel: compact pro :cool::cool:
the twisthead changemode doesnt bother me, i will be using it almost allways on high.

Verry happy with my choice and thanks to CPF i was able to make the right one, for me!

Thanks alot everybody! :)
R.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the Acebeam L16, and it is a great midsize thrower.
The Acebeam L30 is an awesome light with throw & flood.