Fitorch P30R review (1180 lm, XP-L2, 18650/2xRCR123A)

viperxp

Enlightened
Hello,

This review will be dedicated to an interesting flashlight from Fitorch, the P30R.

oPdkmGfK_o.png

LKmRTeV2_o.png

ItedZweC_o.png

JeOi0Gzi_o.png

Link to the light page on Rofislight website (link is external)

So, what's interesting?

1. A modern XP-L2 led is being user, providing 1180 lumens.
2. The light is both rechargeable, and can be used as powerbank in order to charge other equipment.
3. The light is equipped with a precise battery meter.

User manual download link (link is external)

Let's start?

X9nwvJqj_o.jpg
zcJtviJR_o.jpg

auSYqWOp_o.jpg
rKQqGfPC_o.jpg

The light comes in a carton box, dominated by black and orange colors.

BY86EJIR_o.jpg

a4rQbQDg_o.jpg
D5xC37OE_o.jpg

aqdi5kmP_o.jpg

The light comes with a usb charging cable, a spare button cover with o-rings, holster, user manual and an interesting adapter.

3JN7j8QQ_o.jpg
NskTcTOk_o.jpg

It's micro usb type b male to usb female adapter, allowing the flashlight charging port to be used as a power bank. Of course you can also use it with other micro usb equipped devices, at your own risk.

Z9PELnNy_o.jpg
kH3u2z3B_o.jpg

5wP3CnIJ_o.jpg
HhU0vo7Q_o.jpg

4QymoueO_o.jpg
W9uLJOiJ_o.jpg

The holster is of a high quality the light can be inserted both head down or up, but better up.

oBToX3sG_o.jpg
KU8OIXr1_o.jpg

lfXA4hOR_o.jpg

Here is the light. It looks very "combat ready" , rough and massive. Notice the big striking bezel.

HSMHFYnh_o.jpg
7NL6jv6r_o.jpg

The light is being operated by two buttons – a mechanical button at the tailcap (on-off), and electronic side button. The light can tail-stand. The micro usb charging port that can be used as a powerbank.

SEFTWhTN_o.jpg
hRuPqoEV_o.jpg

There are two indicators integrated into the side buttons, green and red. They can indicate the battery voltage, and battery charging status.

A bit about operating the light

The tailcap button in used in order to switch the light on and off.
If the side button is pressed, while the light is being turned on (using the tailcap button), battery voltage display function is activated. The green light blinks, indicating volts and the red one blinks indicating the decimals (for 3.8 the green will blink three times, and the red eight).
Clicking the side button with switch modes in the following order : min->med->high->min->…
Holding the side button will activate the strobe mode. The strobe mode is different from every strobe mode I ever encountered. The strobe alternates the strobe frequency – once it's turned on it's quite fast and really disorienting, after several seconds it gets a bit slower and afterwards gets back to the fast speed. Holding the button while the light is in strobe mode enables the SOS mode.

GXjHNmH9_o.jpg

9POiHc4h_o.jpg
HWM623Lb_o.jpg

mlPJWzJC_o.jpg

woNFdfAZ_o.jpg

Please notice the outer thin ring – this is the result of that deep bezel.
The bezel itself can be easily removed (without giving access to the LED or affecting water resistance) and light diffuser can be mounted instead of it (not included).

BKSsuU7k_o.jpg

zzE8w5LW_o.jpg
KFOcMtdD_o.jpg

G7jLVLrU_o.jpg

ftfNB33s_o.jpg

The adapter can be used in order to utilize the powerbank function. As you can see the light can even provide higher current, but the voltage drops. Maybe if I would used another cell I would get other results. The light consumes up to 1A of current while recharging.
The powerbank function can be used to charge mobile phones and tablets.

Let's see it in action?

SbC0dxl3_o.jpg
QxovwLkU_o.jpg

aUMY38R6_o.jpg
pRLGbLxI_o.jpg

vPtkxfB8_o.jpg
vJ3M2gUw_o.jpg

CEu22f8a_o.jpg

rit7lvqi_o.jpg
rKPh6hBD_o.jpg

7GtDeN0k_o.jpg
pZA85HNr_o.jpg

Well, as you could have guessed – quite impressive. 1180 lumens in a deep smooth reflector produces a nice throw. The outer thin ring is less visible in real life, but if you will look for it, you"ll find it.

Conclusion, final words

Well, Fitorch manage to create special lights, that perform well in real life. I like this light because of it's relative simplicity, and performance.

Last edited:

malocchio

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, thanks for posting.....What city were you testing the light in ?

Javora

Enlightened
Nice review, does this light have a forward clicky or a reverse clicky?

Javora

Enlightened
Okay. However I'm not taking about changing modes here. When you half press the tail switch, does the light come on until you take your thumb or finger back off? Or does the light only come on after you press the tail switch until it clicks and then release the switch?

viperxp

Enlightened
Okay. However I'm not taking about changing modes here. When you half press the tail switch, does the light come on until you take your thumb or finger back off? Or does the light only come on after you press the tail switch until it clicks and then release the switch?

The first option is the correct one

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review, I got a P20R myself and I'm really happy with it. I mainly got it as a backup powerbank during traveling.

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, I got a P20R myself and I'm really happy with it. I mainly got it as a backup powerbank during traveling.

Good idea, as long as you always have the adapter necessary to use the flashlight as a powerbank. I thinking of getting the P20R myself for similar reasons. The P30R is nice, but the more slender P20R is better for travel as it's more compact. They are otherwise the same flashlight. I'm seriously considering gifting my Zanflare F1 that I got as a travel light and replacing it with the P20R. The power bank function and the cooler tint are the two main reasons. The F1 is great as a general use flashlight, but isn't at all tactical in design and its NW tint is too warm for my liking.