LED Lensor MH10 runtime

colina

Newly Enlightened
LED Lensor have a new single 18650 headlamp the MH10.
Their website quotes a runtime ranging from 120h to 10h at a brightness of 10 lumen to 600 lumen.
https://www.ledlenser.com/en/products/headlamps/outdoor/mh10/

I have been unable to find any reviews that can verify this runtime, as this seems to be a huge step up from the Fenix HP25R I currently use, even if allowing for the difference between Fenix using a 2200mAh battery compared to Lensor using a 3400.

Have Lensor used a more efficient led than the HP25R XPG2R5?
Or do they have a super efficient driver circuit?

Please don't respond suggesting a Zebralight as the solution to all headlight requirements, I am looking for more info and opinions on the Lensor MH10.

Thanks.

Genzod

Banned
LED Lensor have a new single 18650 headlamp the MH10.
Their website quotes a runtime ranging from 120h to 10h at a brightness of 10 lumen to 600 lumen.
https://www.ledlenser.com/en/products/headlamps/outdoor/mh10/

I have been unable to find any reviews that can verify this runtime, as this seems to be a huge step up from the Fenix HP25R I currently use, even if allowing for the difference between Fenix using a 2200mAh battery compared to Lensor using a 3400.

Have Lensor used a more efficient led than the HP25R XPG2R5?
Or do they have a super efficient driver circuit?

My guess on the runtime of a 600 lm output with an led that can pump out twice that using a 3500 mAh lith-ion battery would be 3.5-4.2 hours. If 600 lm is pushing the limit of the led, then I'd guess 1-1.2 hours. You are probably thinking the same thing. 10 hours seems inflated, sort of like the zoomie Cree Q5 flashlight specs flooding Bangood, (2000 lm and 500 m range for only $2.85! YEAH! :rock:haha). If I were kind, I'd guess the printer left off a decimal point after the 1 and before the 0 on the spec sheet and everyone has simply been transferring that spec to every website and label since. But yes, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Genzod

Banned
Simple answer - it steps down (and likely uses slow PWM).

That would make sense except for the fact the mid power 250 lm runtime of 15 hours seems inflated about 10 times also (there's that decimal thing again). The first heat generating output might need to be stepped down for that reason, but not the mid power mode running at just under 42% max. Not in my universe anyway.

Last edited: