First attemp to build my own light

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Hello all,
i am planning to build a convoy S2 and have a question. Do i need some thermal paste for the mpcb board to put against the brass pill? Kind of confused on that prt of the build. Or do i just screw the. Bezel as tight as it will go and will it seat the mpcb board to the pill?
thanks

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thermal paste between LED board and pill. The paste helps the thermal path, and keeps the LEDs running as cool as possible.

The driver (if yours is like the S2+ build I am working on), is held into the pill with a hold-down ring.

~D

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arctic silver works well. Pretty much anything you use for a CPU will work well.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, go to Mountain Electronics, any thermal paste from them (or any of the modding shops) will work fine.
Just don't use arctic silver for potting on a driver. Containing silver and conductive ceramic, it's conductive. Great for thermal properties, also great for bridging contacts :)

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Thanks guys, that help me alot.
Does the thermal paste dry hard? I was asking because if a light has the led board attached to the pill with thermal compound or paste and i wanted to change the led how do i get led/board off the pill?
thanks