• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Problems getting Olight Warranty service

RegT

Newly Enlightened
Anyone who is thinking of purchasing an Olight product for Christmas or any other time may want to re-consider. Olight products are well-made and have great features. I've been buying Olight flashlights and batteries for a good number of years now.

Imagine my disappointment when I make my most expensive Olight purchase - an X7 Marauder Kit - and when it stopped working five months after I bought it, I find I can't get warranty service.

I sent several emails directly to the Olight Store and didn't get an answer. Then, after I mentioned here that I was having trouble getting a response, Jesse - the owner or manager, I don't know which - responded and indicated he would take care of my problem. When I emailed him - as asked - directly ([email protected]), it took several more days before he said he had informed his customer care person - Matt - and have him contact me.

Several more days passed with no word, so I sent an email (five or six total at this point) directly to Matt, asking if he could get me started (I've heard it can take a long time to get an Olight fixed or replaced), I still have received no answer, three more days later. I am sure they are busy with Christmas orders, shipping, etc., but how long does it take to say, "Box it up, send it here, we'll send it to Olight World", or - best response - "we will ship you a replacement as soon as we get yours"

A great product is a treat. Good customer service is another big plus. Timely warranty service is another plus. So far, I've struck out, since my product doesn't work after six months of a five year warranty, and I am obviously not getting good customer service or any warranty service.

I know posting this means that if and when I do get started, it is likely to take a lot longer than if I hadn't said anything about my problems, but that would be better than not getting any help at all.

Has anyone here tried dealing directly with Olight World? Is that where I should go next? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened
I share your frustration with Olight Customer Service. On the "R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion" thread I posted about how I am having an ongoing problem with the batteries keep going dead on my R50 Pro LE. Others are reporting the same problem. The representative from Olightworld posted requesting that I send Olightworld a PM and he (or she) would "get you squared away". That post was made on December 14, and I sent the PM as requested on the same day, December 14. Today is December 21 and I still have not received any reply to my PM.

Seems to me that this Subform would be an excellent way for Olightworld to connect with their consumers and give them an opportunity to see what excellent customer Olight provides. That is what I thought was happening when the Olightworld representative posted that I should PM them. Promise of excellent customer service, then absolutely no follow up for actual customer service.

Not the end of the world, but I posted this response to make people aware of what to expect, at least from my experience.

QUOTE=RegT;5165794]Anyone who is thinking of purchasing an Olight product for Christmas or any other time may want to re-consider. Olight products are well-made and have great features. I've been buying Olight flashlights and batteries for a good number of years now.

Imagine my disappointment when I make my most expensive Olight purchase - an X7 Marauder Kit - and when it stopped working five months after I bought it, I find I can't get warranty service.

I sent several emails directly to the Olight Store and didn't get an answer. Then, after I mentioned here that I was having trouble getting a response, Jesse - the owner or manager, I don't know which - responded and indicated he would take care of my problem. When I emailed him - as asked - directly ([email protected]), it took several more days before he said he had informed his customer care person - Matt - and have him contact me.

Several more days passed with no word, so I sent an email (five or six total at this point) directly to Matt, asking if he could get me started (I've heard it can take a long time to get an Olight fixed or replaced), I still have received no answer, three more days later. I am sure they are busy with Christmas orders, shipping, etc., but how long does it take to say, "Box it up, send it here, we'll send it to Olight World", or - best response - "we will ship you a replacement as soon as we get yours"

A great product is a treat. Good customer service is another big plus. Timely warranty service is another plus. So far, I've struck out, since my product doesn't work after six months of a five year warranty, and I am obviously not getting good customer service or any warranty service.

I know posting this means that if and when I do get started, it is likely to take a lot longer than if I hadn't said anything about my problems, but that would be better than not getting any help at all.

Has anyone here tried dealing directly with Olight World? Is that where I should go next? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

RegT

Newly Enlightened
In all fairness to Matt at the Olight Store, he has responded and apologized. Matt issued me an RMA number and I will ship the X7 Marauder back to him tomorrow for repair or replacement.

Olightworld

Enlightened
I am back on here full swing now. I was pulled off to help alleviate a few issues we were having with shipping/fulfillment. If I am late or delayed to respond to anyone on here you can also try me at [email protected] I will do my absolute best to be on here as often as I am able and make sure everyone is taken care of in a timely manner.

I appreciate everyone's patience.
Jesse

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened
I have received a response to my PM from Olightworld representative. I was told I would receive a new replacement R50 Pro Dock. Today I received the new R50 Pro Dock and will put the light on the charging dock and leave it there for approx one month. I want to give Olightworld Representative credit for finally responding and helping with my problem.

I share your frustration with Olight Customer Service. On the "R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion" thread I posted about how I am having an ongoing problem with the batteries keep going dead on my R50 Pro LE. Others are reporting the same problem. The representative from Olightworld posted requesting that I send Olightworld a PM and he (or she) would "get you squared away". That post was made on December 14, and I sent the PM as requested on the same day, December 14. Today is December 21 and I still have not received any reply to my PM.

Seems to me that this Subform would be an excellent way for Olightworld to connect with their consumers and give them an opportunity to see what excellent customer Olight provides. That is what I thought was happening when the Olightworld representative posted that I should PM them. Promise of excellent customer service, then absolutely no follow up for actual customer service.

Not the end of the world, but I posted this response to make people aware of what to expect, at least from my experience.

QUOTE=RegT;5165794]Anyone who is thinking of purchasing an Olight product for Christmas or any other time may want to re-consider. Olight products are well-made and have great features. I've been buying Olight flashlights and batteries for a good number of years now.

Has anyone here tried dealing directly with Olight World? Is that where I should go next? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

RegT

Newly Enlightened
I shipped my X7 to Olight in Georgia, and they received it on the 26th of December. I did not get any email advising they received it, nor have I gotten any word yet of whether it is repairable or needs to be replaced.

I will advise here when I get a response from either Matt in Customer Service or Jesse (owner/manager?).

RegT

Newly Enlightened
Flash, glad to see your issue may have been properly dealt with. I'm hoping I eventually have that level of service as well.

Olightworld

Enlightened
We are working a quickly as we can to get through all of the holiday RMA's. Shoot me an email with your RMA number and I will see if I can get an update from the guys for you. [email protected]
Thanks!

RegT

Newly Enlightened
I'll give it a try, Jesse. I'd rather deal with you if I can get responses - like when you folks received my X7 - rather than have to deal with Olightworld directly. I'll try this, and if it doesn't work, I'll try Olightworld next, since Flash got quick service. Of course, they probably have a _lot_ more employees available to handle service from all over the world.

It surprises me that you have that many RMAs to deal with, as my X7 was superb while it worked. Well, actually, with a light that was only six months into warranty when it failed, maybe not. My RMA number was OLI20181219130. Thank you. I'll copy this to your email address.

RegT

Newly Enlightened
I just received an email from Gavin at Olightworld. Just like Flash-O-Maniac, OlightWorld came through, and said they have shipped a new X7 to me.
This is the resolution I had hoped for, and I will be totally satisfied when I once again have a working X7 in my hands.

I did not contact Olightworld directly, so I am guessing that Jesse or Matt must have contacted them after verifying my original X7 was truly not working. My thanks to all for a happy outcome, especially the people responsible for operating candlepowerforums. I am not sure this problem would have worked out without being able to post on this forum, where the manufacturer/distributor can view the issues and arrange to provide good customer service.

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened
I'm glad to hear you are being taken care of appropriately! Please let me know if you need anything else!