Cheap LED bulbs

Chriswhite

Newly Enlightened
I have recently found an abundance of FEIT brand 60w bulbs at $1/3pack. After reading about cheap LEDs failing prematurely, I would like to know—does it seem likely that these bulbs could be dangerous? As in possibly causing a fire? Or if they fail does it seem likely that a small electronic component would just burn out without much spark or heat? I have previously used big box store brand floods in a track lighting fixture only to have one fail after a couple months. It flashed a few times and then stopped lighting. Which is fine, but I live in an old house and don't want to use these three for a buck replacement bulbs if they are likely to cause a fire. I'm wondering what differs in the name brands—Sylvania, GE, etc. and the cheaper versions, as far as the guts go.
Thanx, Chris

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
I have recently found an abundance of FEIT brand 60w bulbs at $1/3pack. After reading about cheap LEDs failing prematurely, I would like to know—does it seem likely that these bulbs could be dangerous? As in possibly causing a fire? Or if they fail does it seem likely that a small electronic component would just burn out without much spark or heat? I have previously used big box store brand floods in a track lighting fixture only to have one fail after a couple months. It flashed a few times and then stopped lighting. Which is fine, but I live in an old house and don't want to use these three for a buck replacement bulbs if they are likely to cause a fire. I'm wondering what differs in the name brands—Sylvania, GE, etc. and the cheaper versions, as far as the guts go.
Thanx, Chris

They are no doubt approved by UL, ETL., etc. They are not going to cause a fire.