Google Home/Mini

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm an Amazon Alexa person / family.

Although I was a little PO'd yesterday when I ordered soemthing and next day (extra $$) was Tuesday and "two day" was Friday.

I noticed that too. Luckily I didn't buy nothing important but just burning gift cards.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Have both an Amazon Echo Dot and Siri on my Apple devices; the Echo/Alexa really shines when controlling Philips HUE lightbulbs, since she doesn't need to recognize the voice doing the asking - anyone can control the lights just by speaking, no app or device necessary.

Lumenz

Enlightened
Originally, I had an Amazon Echo. Two, in fact. Them I got a Google Home to see what it was like.

Now I have 5 Google Homes around the house (you can link them and use them as an intercom system) and the Echos have found new homes elsewhere.

I really like that I can say "Play [music] on all devices" and the music plays on every device in the house. I use that function whenever we have company.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm enjoying this GH device. I got some wall outlets to be able to control some lighting in a few rooms.

I'm struggling with the playing of music, because more times than not, it tells me a subscription is required and plays me a playlist that it feels is similar to the requested song.

Brutus

Newly Enlightened
I imported the mini because they aren't being sold in my country. I love it. I got one in my bedroom. I can just tell it to play one of my spotify playlists (I got premium) when I want, say next song and it will change the song, I can ask it how long it takes me to get to work, before I go to bed I tell it to play white noise, then tell it to stop playing in an hour and the last thing is that I tell it to wake me up at a specific time. In the morning I say goodmorning to it and it tells me the weather and starts playing news. If they ever get to my country I will buy one for every room.