Which Flashlight reviewers do you watch on YouTube?

OutdoorsIQ

Newly Enlightened
Who do you guys watch for light reviews? My top two are *drum roll please*:

Advanced Knife Bro and Sootch00. I draw inspiration from them both when making my own videos.

Fingers crossed someone mentions my little channel on this thread:laughing: "OutdoorsIQ" *hint hint*

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
None.

I'd rather read the words and absorb the know how at a slower pace than videos allow. Videos are fine, but for a flashlight review I've found most opt for entertainment instead of information. And lets face it, those aimed at being informative are pretty boring.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
'Flashaholics' seems to be building a decent following. Their videos have always used a similar format, but recent ones are noticably improving in quality
I have a channel, but cant afford to keep up with new stuff.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can we get to your videos? A search for "outdoors iq videos" does not succeed.

CPF member Vesture of Blood is the only reviewer, other than selfbuilt, that I have ever subscribed to.

stephenk provides those excellent x-ray images, as well as his own perspective, with the facts.

Really, various CPF members contribute each in their own way. Some can be counted on, others are more promotional than informative, but one can still learn from them, don't you think?

CPF member Patriot, back in 2013, pointed the direction for a newcomer like myself towards researching Zebralight flashlights: much appreciation for that.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
If something attracts my attention I watch and read all reviews (even crap ones, even unknown language). That helps me to avoid surprises when I finally make a purchase.

OutdoorsIQ

Newly Enlightened
How can we get to your videos? A search for "outdoors iq videos" does not succeed.

You can find me by searching for "OutdoorsIQ" on YouTube or my website (outdoorsiq.com):p

torchsarecool, your right it's expensive to keep up reviewing lights. I'm lucky my channel so far has been supported by manufacturers. Otherwise I would have to be thousands out of pocket... Not that I wasn't thousands of dollars out of pocket with lights before starting reviews lol:grin2:

I'm also a bing watcher.... i'll watch/ read every review before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

Dutch_Schaefer

Newly Enlightened
I like "Advanced knife bro"
and "Gear nut"
obviously allot of random videos if it's a specific torch I'm looking at picking up.