I got my first flashlight. Whats next?

Alexg103

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys . I got my very first torch. I picked up the black boss 7075 with the 371d. And i love this thi g. I was hoping to get some ideas for lights in the same general price range. With photos and names of the maker!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
With remaining pocket change, get a Zebralight headlamp, and an Emisar D1 and a D4, for utility and perspective.

ven

Flashaholic
Hanko has to be thrown in there, of course McGizmo. Sinner, Okluma, Muyshondt and Tain should do for now. Spy 007 if your really wanting one of the ultimate flashaholic lights...........

HDS as mentioned makes a great EDC tank, all the mentioned are expensive and imho no need to just aim high cost. Check out the Emisar D1 and D4 if not already(from just $40), there is now a D4ti(yes titanium in a variety of colours) from $79. Loosing an $80 light does not hurt as much as a $4000 one!

Zebralight as mentioned, for this side of $100 makes some awesome compact lights, highly recommend checking that brand out.

Dont forget the BOSS ti

Part of the fun is researching the various lights, many more so a start for now................
:welcome:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Wait 'til he gets bit by the Lego bug Ven...
We'll really help him drain his bank account. lol

We love spending other peoples money, huh?
1493668127-_Money_Notes_Smiley.gif-c200.gif

ven

Flashaholic
Oh yes:devil:

Then there are very expensive and certainly out of this world, $14,000 anyone(charity auction)
coTTJlUl.jpg

Alexg103

Newly Enlightened
Haha sorry guys i am new to forums. I didnt realise i didnt get alerts on replys. I am trying not to get my self into a deeep deep hole haha. I have joined all the face book grouops and there id so many customs that are so great looking. Right now i have my eyes on a sinner or a okluma then to maybe do a p60 build.

With all that being said so far my favorite light is is the barrel light!!!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay OP you 100% came to the right place for realistic end user experience with this stuff. What are the SPECIFIC DETAILS you desire to either rank even with what you have or do you want specific features and details in for example a LARGER or SMALLER package? Always consider what battery types are required for what you may have your eye on. Many make the mistake about knowing all about the awesome high end lights yet know nothing about the batteries for them.

I spent many years hating on the HDS due to its price. No the HDS is not some $8000 triple mega titanium tie dye finish photon blaster but the things are near indestructible. No they don't put out 4000 lumens etc. 350 lumens is what they usually top out at. They feature control ring UI. One of the best if not the best control ring UI made.

HDS sell very well. To the point where they are usually half out of stock all the time.

Or....any of the new Zebralights. Yup. I have yet to ever even see any "custom" high output compact light with THAT many features that is on average THAT well made at that price? Custom who? The latest ZL's are knocking the customs into the dirt.

Alexg103

Newly Enlightened
Yeah i hear ya. Honestly i am going to try to spend no more tha 350 for a light ever . They are all prety cool but i bought the oveready boss to see what the hype was . And i really like the secondary amber led. I settled for the red because there was no amber. But either way i like it it is very bright and seems to run really well and have slme really good features... after this i wil be building my own or probably staying around the zebra area of lights.... i hope and my bank account hopes haha

ven

Flashaholic
I got my 1st flashlight, whats next? easy, your 2nd flashlight followed by 3rd and .................

Sounds like you have expensive taste, still dont dismiss cheaper lights, emisar range offer a lot of bang for buck. Then the p60 options, many hosts, p60's etc etc ..............i find very addictive!

When you reach for a light, and you cant miss................you know your getting close
zUj3pQdl.jpg

And no, that is not all my lights, just some in the top 2 draws of 4 in the bedroom;)

AZguy

Newly Enlightened
I know when I first started getting lights I went through a bought lights for each situation i usually use lights for. Like I bought a light for running, for daily carry, for work, etc..

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Resistance is futile, though I hate to refer to ourselves as the Flashlight Borg.

We are a collective, but lights seem to have the same undeniable tractor beam "pull" as magnets do.

The neater and more utilitarian the light, the greater the "attraction".

Stream

Enlightened
I got my 1st flashlight, whats next? easy, your 2nd flashlight followed by 3rd and .................

Sounds like you have expensive taste, still dont dismiss cheaper lights, emisar range offer a lot of bang for buck. Then the p60 options, many hosts, p60's etc etc ..............i find very addictive!

When you reach for a light, and you cant miss................you know your getting close
zUj3pQdl.jpg

And no, that is not all my lights, just some in the top 2 draws of 4 in the bedroom;)

Wow, awesome collection. What's that thing in the middle? looks more like a vase but I can't be sure lol :p

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks Stream, yes just a vase in the centre . Quite a few missing from the pic , but finding room(and time) to get them all together is quite a job.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Stream, yes just a vase in the centre . Quite a few missing from the pic , but finding room(and time) to get them all together is quite a job.
hidden inside is a spare TN42vn haha! ;)

ven

Flashaholic
hidden inside is a spare TN42vn haha! ;)

Haha, i do have a few silly pics(cant find them right now) with a tk75vn and x65vn in it! As photobucket is playing up, i can not find them...........maybe time for a new pic! The vase steals all the attention:sigh: :laughing: