How nerdy are you?

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Just thought of something, considering that I found myself observing my C9000 charging a single AAA cell, as in looking at it, just because it showed me figures, Voltages, Amperage and so on, and I enjoyed the experience.... :-D

Ever happen to you? Your answer will be amongst friends, and I won't tell, have you ever watched a cell being charged, for no other reason than that you could? :-D

/Dennis, professed charger nerd.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better to be nerdy about it than to be paranoid about it.

Staring at a battery charger can help give understanding of the process, This helps us become better battery users, yes?

The MiBOXER chargers, with internal resistance readings and auto-current feature, are a good choice as well as others, for sure. Just remember; "A watched pot never boils."

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps a time or two. I will confess to using a multi meter on my batteries far more often than is necessary. Kinda the same thing.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
CcPdiVx.jpg

tbh i'm now more of a battery nerd than a flashaholic

btw that's Logview a program that logs several parameters from a USB-connected charger. yes it can be fun to watch especially when i'm testing larger battery packs like this one:

JnyIu4u.jpg

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always supervise a new battery charge process. Just because I do not enjoy an idea to put my apartment on fire.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I've watched my Intellipeak ICE charge many many times. It shows live data on the charge including graphing the voltage curve. I've watched it charge radio control car, plane, and helicopter batteries as well as my flashlight batteries.

Giannone

Newly Enlightened
I always supervise a new battery charge process. Just because I do not enjoy an idea to put my apartment on fire.

Caution is so nerdy though, Vadi. Live a little! Kidding aside, that thought has crossed my mind too. I never leave it unsupervised either.

Taz80

Enlightened
I'm not a flashlight nerd:whistle: unless you were to ask my children:stupid: or my wife :hairpull: or my workmates and friends :hahaha: Ok maybe a little :grin2: Batteries take forever to charge when you watch them, just say-en.