• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight R50 Copper - serial number over 1000 ?

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Hi i just recived the r50 copper flashlight from amazon and i noticed my serial number says CU 1021 year 2016 . I thought only 999 of these were made ? maybe a second batch over 1000 were made then ?

y7sFlLk.jpg

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
That's weird.. Maybe some numbers aren't been used. You could contact Olight, to ask how this is possible.

pulsar

Newly Enlightened
What was the outcome of this?
Just bought one, and now nervous there may be fakes out there...

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
What was the outcome of this?
Just bought one, and now nervous there may be fakes out there...

Nah u dont have to worry about fakes lol, most like they made a second small batch, who the heck would go through all the trouble making a light in pure copper? impossible...

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I'm an idiot. All this time I thought cu137 was the elementary designation for copper on the periodic table. It's the serial number. DOH!!!

pulsar

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I'm an idiot. All this time I thought cu137 was the elementary designation for copper on the periodic table. It's the serial number. DOH!!!
LOL, pretty low number at least

I didnt think there would be counterfeits, but Olight posting here to email for details made me wonder. You would think they would just post the info.
Got mine coming on the slow boat from China... Hes a well known member in the community, so I am not really worried where it came from.