Why no successor of the LF2XT (crowdfunding)?

HighLumens

Enlightened
First of all I apologize if I chose the wrong forum section, I just didn't know where to post this thread.

I was thinking how sad it is that LiteFlux is no longer in business since I (and I bet many many many other people) would love to buy successors to the LF2/3/5 lights. So I tought: is there anyone who could buy the rights to make the lights and make a small/medium run of an upgraded LF2XT, maybe with crowdfunding if needed?
The first person who came to mind was Steve Ku (Kuku427) but it seems he is no longer active, so I really don't know who could be interested in doing this.

Anybody? :cool::cool:

P.S.: I have absolutely no idea if this is even possible, I'm just daydreaming here... :p

Last edited:

Budman231

Enlightened
Those lights were way ahead of the technology curve when they were designed. For a typical user, way way to advanced imho. For an enthusiast they were highly customizable but still fairly complicated. As much as I personally enjoyed them, I would think they had a relatively small market.

Nos2

Newly Enlightened
A successor doesn't make much sense, since interface for programming is quite complicated compared to new Bluetooth interfaces.

Bougie

Newly Enlightened
Sign me up for this ! I'm in for a more finely programmable AA or AAA. But as said above, the customisation process could be simplified in this day and age.

HighLumens

Enlightened
Thank you Flashlike for the link, I've just sent him a message, let's hope he is interested in this project

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I should chime in here, perhaps Steve will also but as recently as a couple years ago Steve had tried to purchase
the rights to continue making these, specifically the LF2XT. There are 2 big obstacles: One the special controller
used is longer available & the company has vanished without any leads. A new chip would need to be designed from
ground up.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Put the ramping UI and emitter choices of the Emisar lights in an AAA light of good quality, add tailswitch and a pocketclip, and they'd sell like hotcakes.

KuKu427

Enlightened
I think people differ in their definition of "advanced".
The majority of 2XT buyers messed with the FUI a bit and left their light in CUI.
The design of the 2XT also means several aspects of its manufacture would require more parts and complications when compared to something like a three mode AAA.
But I think the deciding factor here is that there are less than 15 posts in 15 days...

archimedes

Flashaholic
I would buy several, at the original price, but had not (yet) posted ....because it seemed rather unlikely to happen :shrug:

We know that the supply of these, at the present time, is strictly limited.

If demand is so low, why are market prices not falling, in contrast to > 99% of other out-of-production "obsolete" vintage flashlights ?

EDIT ... I guess I had briefly posted here, but my main point stands :)

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
And if one wants to bump up the post count on a project like this ... could always consider a "colab" with HDS or Malkoff, lol :D