Armytek Tiara C1 help!

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I bought an armtek tiara C1 from illumn and it didnt come with instructions. If i hold the switch from off it go on and off from low. But if i double click it go to high. Is this light supposed to have several modes? I think mine is a V1 and non pro
thanks

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I'll call them and armytek on tuesday. But i think it's a bad light as i can only get low and high modes

niraya

Newly Enlightened
download your manual in pdf here

https://www.armytek.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=292

In OFF state:
Click: To turn on the last used mode.
Press and hold: To go through 2 Firefly modes (release to select). Keeping button pressed will start cycling through the Main modes.
In ON state:
Click: To turn off the flashlight.
Press and hold: To start cycling through the Main modes.
Double click: To turn on the Turbo mode. The second double click brings back the last used mode.

Automemorizing. After switching off the last used Mode is memorized for quick 1-click access at next switching on.
Lock-out function. Unscrew the tailcap to 1/4 for the protection from accidental switching on.
:party:

Last edited:

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Thats what i have been doing, never seen any other mode but the low and turbo. Must be a defective light. It was missing the manual so i wonder if it wasnt a return and illumn put it back on the shelf
thanks

Last edited:

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Basically all i have is a low and high mode, maybe 30-50 lumens to high of 500 or so. Double click takes me to high, double click agian takes me to low. Press and hold from off, it goes on/off back on to low and back off and back on to low. Doesnt change modes. Does that make sense?
Were the first versions just 2 mode or something like that.
thanks

niraya

Newly Enlightened
What happens when you press the button when in low and keep holding it pressed?

niraya

Newly Enlightened
I have no Tiara here now, just various Wizards - and in wizards non-pro version when light is turned-on and I press button and hold the button pressed it changes main modes in circle. When pressed from off and held pressed it goes from moon to highest mode and than circle the 3 main modes. Modes are changing as long as the button is kept pressed. Tiara UI is alike IIRR
Single press turn the light on and off.
With low battery only low mode is available.
The button IS electronic momentary. You must not release it, to keep circling between the modes.

Last edited:

GrantK

Newly Enlightened
Guess mine is defective. I'll call illumn tuesday and return it
thanks

I just bought a Tiara A1 (non-pro). Mine behaves exactly like niraya mentions. Also, mine did not come with a manual. I bought my Tiara from their store. I actually work about 5 mins away from their office. The Tiara C series that I saw came in nice fancy boxes, but my non-pro A1 came in a plain brown box with a label indicating it was the non-pro version. I got the two o-rings, clip, head-band and rubber mount. I had to download the manual from their website.

Good luck!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I bought an armtek tiara C1 from illumn and it didnt come with instructions. If i hold the switch from off it go on and off from low. But if i double click it go to high. Is this light supposed to have several modes? I think mine is a V1 and non pro
thanks

Sometimes AT doesn't pack instructions. Sounds like the UI from the Standard version. Click but hold for more modes. It has a memory mode. The standard AT UI is my preferred over the Pro.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Sometimes AT doesn't pack instructions. Sounds like the UI from the Standard version. Click but hold for more modes. It has a memory mode. The standard AT UI is my preferred over the Pro.
Only has 2 modes.
illumn refunded me already, the light is a paperweight to me now.
thanks

Woods Walker

Only has 2 modes.
illumn refunded me already, the light is a paperweight to me now.
thanks

That's a shame. If you still have it maybe contact Armytek. I ordered a standard Tiara from illumn just yesterday as own a pro but like the standard UI better. The C1 was always interesting to me but when it comes right down it the A1 and C1 are kinda the same light. Both can run AA, CR123 and Lithium ion if they could fit.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
They refunded me and never said anything about returning it. So i may contact armytek and see what they say.
I used it last night walking on the frozen river with the boy and loved everything about the light and loved the warm white tint, but the light ran on high for less than 15 min efore the 16340 battery circuit kicked in and shut it off. Lmk how yours does when you get it

thanksUOTE=Woods Walker;5172125]That's a shame. If you still have it maybe contact Armytek. I ordered a standard Tiara from illumn just yesterday as own a pro but like the standard UI better. The C1 was always interesting to me but when it comes right down it the A1 and C1 are kinda the same light. Both can run AA, CR123 and Lithium ion if they could fit.[/QUOTE]

Woods Walker

If the protection circuit fired it's because the voltage dropped below the cut off. The high draws lots of power. I wonder if it can take a 18350 like the Prime C1?

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Thats one thing i dislike about the 16340 batts, no warning they just shut off. I am going to order a keeppower 18350 protected battery today anyway.

Woods Walker

I just got it. Yes no instructions but that's typical AT for yea. It works just fine near as I can tell and is the standard version. My other is a pro of which I removed the magnetic tail cap for a standard tail cap. The switch was always a little soft and didn't click well. Works and is not an issue but this switch feels better on this one. Also the tint is about the same which is good. Going to run a keeppower 840 mAh protected. I run the same in the Pro but keep it on 1XAA mode as often use NiMH or lithium primaries and can't do both without switching it back. As the battery has protection why bother. I prefer the standard UI's easier access to turbo. Also have no use for the flashing button. The Pro is going into my BOB and standard my adventure pack.

bmee0t4.jpg

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Nice!
Glad yours works. Noticed mine has a flickering issue now. So i need to call armytek and get it fixed or replaced
thanks