• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Imalent DX80 waterproof right.....?

Sharerv8

Newly Enlightened
Hi, the name is Victoria and I'm new to CandlePowerForums. I come here a lot to get most of my info and insight if its posted before I decide on a new flashlight buy so I thought this was the perfect place to post this message. Now correct me if im wrong, which I dont mind being from time to time but the DX80 is IPX-Standard waterproof up to 2 meters ....right? At least thats what is states everywhere I read. Anyways just bought the light about 2 weeks ago for 400 dollars to have the lanyard litterally snap off my wrist and fall right into ankle deep water....when it fist happened I didnt mind because I knew it was waterproof and I was in no where near 2 feet of water but when I picked up the light it was flickering then shut off. Tried to turn it back on, it sizzled and to me looked like the leds blew when it flashed that last time. I immediatley turned it off And dried it off and went home to allow it to sit for almost 2 days.
Now heres where Im confused.... if you look at the head where the breather holes are for heat management I guess youll get a nice clear view of the dang driver board. :shakehead I literally had a BF!!! I just paid 400 for a flashlight I wanted to damn bad to have the cheap lanyard snap and flashlight fail to hold up to its standards.... Ive already messaged Imalent...its been 5 days, no reply. I'm just curious if anyone has some insight into this, maybe they use some type of special waterproof drive coating or I just got had and got a fake as* light :mecry: uuuggh
Any info about this? If not here it is: it's NOT waterproof
Thanks

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, the name is Victoria and I'm new to CandlePowerForums. I come here a lot to get most of my info and insight if its posted before I decide on a new flashlight buy so I thought this was the perfect place to post this message. Now correct me if im wrong, which I dont mind being from time to time but the DX80 is IPX-Standard waterproof up to 2 meters ....right? At least thats what is states everywhere I read. Anyways just bought the light about 2 weeks ago for 400 dollars to have the lanyard litterally snap off my wrist and fall right into ankle deep water....when it fist happened I didnt mind because I knew it was waterproof and I was in no where near 2 feet of water but when I picked up the light it was flickering then shut off. Tried to turn it back on, it sizzled and to me looked like the leds blew when it flashed that last time. I immediatley turned it off And dried it off and went home to allow it to sit for almost 2 days.
Now heres where Im confused.... if you look at the head where the breather holes are for heat management I guess youll get a nice clear view of the dang driver board. :shakehead I literally had a BF!!! I just paid 400 for a flashlight I wanted to damn bad to have the cheap lanyard snap and flashlight fail to hold up to its standards.... Ive already messaged Imalent...its been 5 days, no reply. I'm just curious if anyone has some insight into this, maybe they use some type of special waterproof drive coating or I just got had and got a fake as* light :mecry: uuuggh
Any info about this? If not here it is: it's NOT waterproof
Thanks

2 meters is their claim. http://www.imalent.com/Item/Show.asp?m=2&d=205

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very sorry to hear. Hopefully Imalent will stand behind their light.

Any pics by chance?

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Wow thats a pretty big and bulky light, it should be able to handle a bit of abuse and water with ease since it has ipx rating and drop rating like most lights now.. but why get such a big light? must be so heavy carry it.. but where u bought it from should go under warranty.. that kind of light should not start flickle for small drop, total nonsense

Sharerv8

Newly Enlightened
That's why I bought it, I needed something that could handle the outdoors...I live in Daytona Beach and my husband and I love fishing at night, he will use the cast net and I use a bait net so we need a light thats bright enough to see whats around us in the water....shark bite capital of the world lol but anyways I was just getting to the water when the lanyard snapped and flashlight fell... you'd think they would have included something that could at least hold that heavy bulky thing.

Oh yeah I bought it from gearbest...probably not the smartest idea :sigh:

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, Sharerv,

I just got time to visit CPF. I am sorry but I was busy that day, I forwarded your email to our new worker Kelly but she resigned the next day because of family problem. I was thinking she already answered you.

I will send you email right now.

Best regards,
Shellen

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, Sharerv8,

Usually we will respond email within 24 hours unless weekends or holiday, if not, we might missed your email. In the future, you can resend your email or call us at 86-755-82528251 or 86-1892600-4450.

best regards,
Shellen

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, Seery,

Thanks for your trust and patience with us. We always responsible for all Imalent flashlights after sale service and warranty. Just sometimes CPF is slow to download here, so we are unable to visit every day.

We do appreciate your trust in Imalent.

Best regards,
Shellen

starstern

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Seery,

Thanks for your trust and patience with us. We always responsible for all Imalent flashlights after sale service and warranty. Just sometimes CPF is slow to download here, so we are unable to visit every day.

We do appreciate your trust in Imalent.

Best regards,
Shellen

there was issues with this flashlight becoming extreme hot ,so it was reproduced to overcome this problem,
so these flashlights offered on amazon etc, any way to tell whether they are the older or the newer produced ?
do they have a diffrent serial number etc ??
there was also charger issues that it fails to fully charge the unit ,now they come with a
24v 2amp changer and the previous was a 19v 2amp ??

Last edited:

imalent

Enlightened
hello starstern
thanks for your attention on IMALENT, the serial DX80 saling on the market are newers, the "older ones" had been called back once we find it a little flaws. so don't worry about it. 24v and 19v both can be used. if you got any problems else, you are warmly welcome to contact with us
email: [email protected]