• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Measured 1.1Mcd
1f642.png
:)

Lumen: Not sure as light is too big for my sphere Hahaha

Throw is AMAZING
Hot spot is wide with great corona at intended distance
Tint looks 4000K to my eyes, warm for my taste
Perfect beam profile with no artifacts (LED 100% centered)
Build quality is Excellent, likely Lumintop best so far
Weight in at 4.5lbs with cells - too heavy for a Single LED light
Balance weight
Body diameter is too thick. TK75 is perfect for my small wrist.
Slippery knurlings
Reflector is close to perfect
Relatively wide spill
Reflector is relatively shallow compared to diameter (I LIKE!!!)
LED 100% centered
Average quality battery carrier
Grooves on head do little to prevent light from rolling
Minimal prints keep lights elegant

Did the light meet my expectations in terms of real life performance? Yes! If I can disregard the weight then this light is just plain Amazing! Even at $250-$300 (groupbuy price of ~$150 is a STEAL) I would still recommend this light if throw is very important to you. Just be mindful that the light is at least as big and much heavier than the hype.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Re: Lumintop GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

Awesome pics ,especially the pet ones. This is going to be a crazy beast!

hahoo

Enlightened

alright !!
that thing is a beast aint it !
cant wait for the mods to begin:D

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me the Dog looks very Unimpressed but the Cat seems to be Curious to its potential :thinking:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Measured 1.1Mcd
1f642.png
:)

Lumen: Not sure as light is too big for my sphere Hahaha

Throw is AMAZING
Hot spot is wide with great corona at intended distance
Tint looks 4000K to my eyes, warm for my taste
Perfect beam profile with no artifacts (LED 100% centered)
Build quality is Excellent, likely Lumintop best so far
Weight in at 4.5lbs with cells - too heavy for a Single LED light
Balance weight
Body diameter is too thick. TK75 is perfect for my small wrist.
Slippery knurlings
Reflector is close to perfect
Relatively wide spill
Reflector is relatively shallow compared to diameter (I LIKE!!!)
LED 100% centered
Average quality battery carrier
Grooves on head do little to prevent light from rolling
Minimal prints keep lights elegant

Did the light meet my expectations in terms of real life performance? Yes! If I can disregard the weight then this light is just plain Amazing! Even at $250-$300 (groupbuy price of ~$150 is a STEAL) I would still recommend this light if throw is very important to you. Just be mindful that the light is at least as big and much heavier than the hype.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think Vinh measures all his lights at 7 meters if I'm not mistaken. At 10 or above meters this light should register more Lux.

Drooling over the possible numbers from Black Flat and CFT90 variants.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I honestly think this light performance is Excellent from the factory. For $200-$300 it just make sense. $150 is giving this light away haha.

An upgraded version of this light requires New CFT90 LED, Circuitry, Major carrier mods...Prices will be astronomical (at least from me) so I don't know...

So...yes...Buy this light stock. You will love it! There will be no regrets. Lumintop did an excellent job!

hahoo

Enlightened

I honestly think this light performance is Excellent from the factory. For $200-$300 it just make sense. $150 is giving this light away haha.

An upgraded version of this light requires New CFT90 LED, Circuitry, Major carrier mods...Prices will be astronomical (at least from me) so I don't know...

So...yes...Buy this light stock. You will love it! There will be no regrets. Lumintop did an excellent job!

i will fall into severe depression, if you decide not to pursue the modding of this light sir.......:mecry::(:(:help:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

The stock light is driven pretty hard already with a great UI. There's nothing really Vinh can do for it unless you want it to have Black Flat. CFT90 is kinda unobtanium.

hahoo

Enlightened

The stock light is driven pretty hard already with a great UI. There's nothing really Vinh can do for it unless you want it to have Black Flat. CFT90 is kinda unobtanium.

yeah, but my tn42vn, with the same led basically, puts out way more lumens than my gt?
might be the kelvin difference, but it is a very noticeable output difference between the 2 lights.
and the tn42 vn, heats up wayyy quicker for sure
ive run the gt for close to 10 minutes on turbo, and it barely gets warm.
the 42 gets very warm after only 4 or 5 minutes.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

The GT is an astronomically larger host than the TN42, that might explan the major heat difference. XHP35 HI gets up to around 2500 lumen at around 2.5 amp. The GT is close to that output at 2amps. The extra half an amp really doesn't make too much of a difference. The designers of the GT purposefully kept the highest output at 2 amps because they saw no benefit to the 1-200 lumen gain for a big drop in efficiency.

The color difference shouldn't matter too much as the 4000k is the highest output bin for the XHP35 HI.

If you wanted something very different from stock light, the Black Flat will give a laser beam.

hahoo

Enlightened

The GT is an astronomically larger host than the TN42, that might explan the major heat difference. XHP35 HI gets up to around 2500 lumen at around 2.5 amp. The GT is close to that output at 2amps. The extra half an amp really doesn't make too much of a difference. The designers of the GT purposefully kept the highest output at 2 amps because they saw no benefit to the 1-200 lumen gain for a big drop in efficiency.

The color difference shouldn't matter too much as the 4000k is the highest output bin for the XHP35 HI.

If you wanted something very different from stock light, the Black Flat will give a laser beam.

dont want the black flat, with its puny 700 lumens :shakehead, i want the CFT-90 LED!!
4000 lumens otf, and 2 mcd , give or take , and ill be a happy camper :twothumbs;):D

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

The hotspot of the Black Flat is so intensed compared to other LEDs that its 700 lumens looks like 1500-2000 lumens from an XHP-35 HI.

Of course CFT90 in the GT would be incredible.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

dont want the black flat, with its puny 700 lumens :shakehead, i want the CFT-90 LED!!
4000 lumens otf, and 2 mcd , give or take , and ill be a happy camper :twothumbs;):D

I can asure you it wont hit 2m cd in the GT. a stock tn42 does 700kcd. Vinhs tn42vn90 does around 900kcd. thats only 200kcd lux improvement. now lets take the GT. it does around 1.2 million CD. with CFT 90 it should do around 1.5 million cd.

hahoo

Enlightened

I can asure you it wont hit 2m cd in the GT. a stock tn42 does 700kcd. Vinhs tn42vn90 does around 900kcd. thats only 200kcd lux improvement. now lets take the GT. it does around 1.2 million CD. with CFT 90 it should do around 1.5 million cd.

party pooper:party:
ok, ill settle on 1.75 mcd then
as long as it beats my tractor supply, black magic plastic box, ill be happy:thumbsup:
man that thing is still unreal, even side by side with this new gt.
it still tops it by just a smidge.
mine must be tuned to perfection evidently...it hits a true 1.5 mcd on my meter everytime i test it
kinda wish i would of never bought the darn thing ! lol !

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened

btw...this is a guess from somebody that knows lights pretty well, next door

if he is even close to being right, it will be a homerun
yclongthrow wrote:
So hypothetically, what kind of numbers would be seen in a BLF GT sized reflector, with the
Luminus CFT-90

?
2.3Mcd, ~3km throw
~4k lumens in spot, ~1.2k in spill.
265m spot diameter at 1km
10 degree beam divergence.

only time will tell..............

Status
Not open for further replies.