• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement - NITECORE MH23 1800 Lumen Rechargeable Compact Flashlight

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
NITECORE MH23 Flashlight

1800 lumen max output and 322 yard throw

5 brightness levels, 3 special modes with direct access to turbo and ultralow

Lightweight and small enough to fit in a pocket

Charge anywhere with the built-in micro-USB charging port

Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15% at checkout

977781139_o.jpg

977781147_o.jpg

977781155_o.jpg

977781163_o.jpg

977781175_o.jpg

977781184_o.jpg

977781192_o.jpg

977781199_o.jpg

977781207_o.jpg

977781218_o.jpg

977781230_o.jpg

977781241_o.jpg

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Very good output for the size but I cannot bring myself to buy or be interested in this light. For the head being so large it's lux is fairly low. If they could remove the usb charging and use that space to increase the reflector size it would appeal more to me.

Last edited:

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Nice light - I like the over-charge and over-discharge protection, and the performance appears to be relatively efficient. A neutral-light version would be very interesting.

toysareforboys

Enlightened
Nice bump from the MH20!
I EDC the MH20 all day every day! Not sure if I should upgrade to the MH23, head looks a bit taller, the MH20 is about as big as I would want to carry.

EDIT: Dammit, ordered it :( lol. Coupon code was just too good of a deal. Ordered the new HC33 headlamp as well.

To Mr. Nitecorestore: you need to carry some inexpensive batteries, i.e. the 10amp KeepPower 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA, you can get them for half the cost of the 8amp nitecore batteries you're selling, or even cheaper Hixon NCR18650GA 10amp (not sure of the quality of the protection boards but will be testing them soon!).

-Jamie M.

Last edited:

GRAY LITNIN

Newly Enlightened
I EDC the MH20 all day every day! Not sure if I should upgrade to the MH23, head looks a bit taller, the MH20 is about as big as I would want to carry.

-Jamie M.

Same here, i really dont see the point since they have the MH20GT model which seems to be the same light except its less lumens but more stated throw, I would like to see some beamshot comparisons. Maybe this has better spill or bigger hotspot? Whats the selling point compared to the GT? Only reason I dont have the GT is the longer head.

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the MH20, and decided to use some store credit for the MH23. So now I own both. :)

The bad news is that the switching system has changed for this MH23, in a bad way. When you LONG PRESS the button, the MH20 takes you to full/turbo brightness, which was great. With the MH23 however, when you long press it takes you to full/turbo brightness but IN MOMENTARY FASHION. When you release the long press, it goes back to previous brightness. Frankly I'm not a fan.

Second problem is that it seems to be very picky with batteries. With my ThruNite 3400MAH batteries (which work perfectly on the MH20) as soon as I go into turbo mode the light shuts off. Seems to go into protect mode of sorts, because I need to unscrew/screw tailcap to be able to function it again. If I use my cheap Surefire batteries it seems to work fine.

I think I'm going to sell the MH23.

denenstein

Newly Enlightened
I received my MH23 today and am incredibly disappointed. I own a MH20 neutral white (not the GT) and my subjective opinion shining the two lights at some utility poles and trees about a hundred feet away is that the MH20 is about 50% brighter than the new MH23. The MH23 has a deeper reflector so i expected a smaller hot spot which it has but i also expected that hot spot to be hotter which it is not. I plan to call Nitecore tomorrow and request a refund unless they feel that I received a defective light in which case i will try an exchange. I will make another post after I talk to them about how the issue was handled. I own about 20 other Nitecore full size flashlights and about 40 tubes and tips (the tubes went for stocking stuffers for friends) and have never been disappointed before.

denenstein

Newly Enlightened
I contacted the Nitecore store today and explained my problem with the MH23 and the customer service rep said that the information that they were given from Nitecore was that because of the reflector design and the mounting of the LED it might seem dimmer than the MH20 which I thought was really weird. They were great about handling it and sent me a prepaid return label and the arrangements that we made are that they will test it when they receive it and if it is not performing to specifications they will send me another light and if it is performing to specifications they will give me a refund. I think that is really great customer service and I will make another post after I hear back from them which will probably be about a week or so since I am in Pennsylvania and they are in Texas and it is going USPS Smartpost

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my MH23 and used it to walk my dog last night. I love it, it's extremely bright and fits in my pocket well. I purchased the battery recommended for it also. I have the MH20 and MH20 GT versions and I love them all.

Bugdozer

Newly Enlightened
Received my MH23 today and noticed a yellow/green spot in the middle of the beam pattern. Anyone else have this? Sent a message to the Nitecore Store, waiting for a response.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I contacted the Nitecore store today and explained my problem with the MH23 and the customer service rep said that the information that they were given from Nitecore was that because of the reflector design and the mounting of the LED it might seem dimmer than the MH20 which I thought was really weird. They were great about handling it and sent me a prepaid return label and the arrangements that we made are that they will test it when they receive it and if it is not performing to specifications they will send me another light and if it is performing to specifications they will give me a refund. I think that is really great customer service and I will make another post after I hear back from them which will probably be about a week or so since I am in Pennsylvania and they are in Texas and it is going USPS Smartpost
The smaller the emitter the tighter the hot hot spot and throw per same size reflector.a ceiling bounce test will help tell the difference in brightness, shine one on max at the ceiling and then the other, while looking at the floor. The xhp35 is not a small emitter

steve500

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, my first post here! I have had a few nitecore flashlights now. The MH25 (hated the interface but a great light regardless until my backpack got stolen), then beat the crap out of an MH10 as an edc for a couple years until I stupidly used an unprotected Dell OEM battery pack cell in it and it leaked inside the flashlight and hosed it. I now have an MH20. I ordered both the MH20 and MH20GT, the GT button stopped working a couple weeks later for no reason. Solders looked great, button still felt fine, just wouldn't turn on; I returned it.

I received my MH23 and used it to walk my dog last night. I love it, it's extremely bright and fits in my pocket well. I purchased the battery recommended for it also. I have the MH20 and MH20 GT versions and I love them all.

ChocolateLab33, curious about how you feel about the flood/spot pattern of the MH23. I have my EDC MH20 and I do enjoy the flood/spot on it, it serves very well when walking about in the dark without having TOO bright of a spot vs the flood area. What does the MH23's output pattern look like, does anyone know if its more like the MH20's wider&soft spot or does it have more of a throwing characteristic the MH20GT has?

I am just looking for the best buy of a good backup light for my MH20 now that I have the funds sitting from my returned defective MH20GT. Thanks ! Hoping to see more info on this MH23.

denenstein

Newly Enlightened
I received an email from the Nitecore Store today. They received my MH23 and tested it against a new light from their stock and agreed that it is indeed dimmer and are sending me a replacement. I will post again after I receive the replacement and compare it to my MH20 neutral white. So far their customer service has been great

denenstein

Newly Enlightened
I just received the replacement MH23 from the Nitecore Store and it is now brighter than my MH20 as it should be. It is a tighter hot spot because of the deeper reflector but much hotter than the MH20. It is cold here now and I probably will not have a chance to check it outside for a few days but from what I can see so far it should be fine. The folks at the Nitecore Store were really great about taking care of this.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new one sits right in the middle for throw between the mh20 and mh20gt, should be a solid edc