Has anyone had recent problems with new surefire lights or their customer service?

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I only ask because the last four lights I've bought of the brand had problems or quickly got them and then recently I had problems with customer service and the way they handled talking to me.

Most recent problem were the threads on a AAA titan (not the plus version) had worn almost completely off in under four months of rare use as a backup. They told me it's User error and that I should learn how to operate a flashlight over the phone. 😔

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes and yes.

Had issues with two of our X300U weaponlights.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Yea I know someone that also had problems with the X300U and the replacement he got for it. The electronics screwed up on him the same way in both and it would only come on Super dim.

Lumen83

Enlightened
No. In the last 2 months customer service has been great to me. I dropped an LX2 from a ladder and smashed the lens. They fixed and replaced for free. Then my Kroma had a worn tail cap boot. They send me a brand new tail cap. No questions asked.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Did you pay for shipping to send them in? I only ask because I never have had to in 20 years but now they say it's on me.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Did you pay for shipping to send them in? I only ask because I never have had to in 20 years but now they say it's on me.
If I'm remembering correctly, the last few times I needed warranty work, I paid for the shipping to them (to return for repairs) and they covered the shipping back to me after repairs were complete ... :thinking:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Hmm. With my semi recent UM2 purchase, I didn't care for how the color/texture of the tailcap didn't match the rest of the light. Not a "problem" but more of an aesthetic bugger. The body and head of the light seem more semi-gloss or a satin while the tailcap seemed dry/chalky and flat. I called SF's c/s dept., and when I told them that my P1R's tailcap seemed a perfect fit, color, texture etc., they sent another P1R tailcap out to me free of charge. I offered to send back the oem UM2 tailcap; they didn't want it. So good service for me. :thumbsup:

archimedes

Flashaholic
That sounds much more generous than usual ... typically, SF will not even consider anything they deem "cosmetic" concerns.

I've had stock SureFire items where just about every individual part was some different shade of anodize, lol :)

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone had recent problems with new surefire lights or their customer ser...

Yes, I had to call it in last time. For mine they had me ship it back at my cost, then they paid to ship it back to me. No questions asked.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm I can't remember what number I used last time. I swear the page completely changed. I just looked at their website and it says to call only if you're returning something for a refund? Should I just call that number then?

R.W.D.

Enlightened
The site has changed for sure and how they handle customer service. I'm thinking about trying to call again to see it they will let me keep the head as it has no damage at all and took me buying several of the titan lights t to get one that was a good tint.. The threads on the head are anodized and buttery smooth I wish they would have anodized the threads on the body for longevity.