Headtorch and Cycle Light Recommendations Please

Booga

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm looking for a torch that I can use as a head torch and also mount on a bicycle handlebar to use as a cycle light. I've seen sets on ebay that come with a bike mount and a headband and am thinking something like that would work for me, but I've heard buying on ebay can sometimes be a gamble as there are a lot of fakes/clones about.

Ideally I'd like the headband to have a strap over the top of the head too as I find these more comfortable. 18650 powered would also be a bonus as I already have these batteries.

Another option would be just buying a headband that would support my MTE SF-23 which I can already attach to my bike. Does a headband to support this size/shape of torch exist?

Many thanks.

Booga

Booga

Newly Enlightened
Update:
It looks like the Nitecore HB02 headband may be a solution as it should fit my SF-23. I'd still be interested in hearing recommendations of any headtorch/bike mounted packages that are available, especially if they are lighter or more compact than the SF-23 I'm currently using.

Thanks.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Skilhunt H03w? Should be able to find a coupon to bring it under $30US. I find Twofish lockblock mounts work well for flashlights on handlebars.

NPL

Enlightened
If you are using the light at high power for illuminating a path in complete darkness, I would pick a light that is able to provide a constant light output with around 800+ lumens. Alot of lights advertise a high lumen output but step down after a minute or two, which is of little value for an extended use. The Fenix BC30 is a good option as it used 2 LEDs and can maintain high output. The two LEDs are driven less hard than 1 single LED light, so you get better efficiency and light won't heat up as much.

Skillhunt h03 will step down to the 300-400 lumens pretty quickly.