CLR30R lantern won't turn on?

sito

Newly Enlightened
I just bought new CLR30R lanter from MEC(Mountain Equipment Coop) in Canada.

I put in fresh 18650 batteries but it won't turn on.

There is no battery cover in the battery compartment. label indicate to remove battery cover.

What did I do wrong?:confused::confused:

filibuster

Enlightened
I just bought new CLR30R lanter from MEC(Mountain Equipment Coop) in Canada.

I put in fresh 18650 batteries but it won't turn on.

There is no battery cover in the battery compartment. label indicate to remove battery cover.

What did I do wrong?:confused::confused:

A new CL30R comes with three 18650 batteries in it but they are separated from one of the lanterns contacts by a thin black cloverleaf-ish shaped piece of plastic (battery cover), which as you noted must be removed first. If you can look down the battery compartment and see the gold contacts at the bottom to confirm there isn't anything interfering with the connection. Then make sure you have inserted the button top 18650 batteries into the lantern with the button facing down towards the bottom of the compartment If that's all correct then the only other easy answer is knowing that to turn the lantern on requires a long press of the button and not just a quick click.

If those things have been done correctly and the batteries are charged but the light still doesn't function then I'm not sure what else to tell you other than to contact MEC and confirm with them the issue before asking for an exchange.

Last edited:

sito

Newly Enlightened
A new CL30R comes with three 18650 batteries in it but they are separated from one of the lanterns contacts by a thin black cloverleaf-ish shaped piece of plastic (battery cover), which as you noted must be removed first. If you can look down the battery compartment and see the gold contacts at the bottom to confirm there isn't anything interfering with the connection. Then make sure you have inserted the button top 18650 batteries into the lantern with the button facing down towards the bottom of the compartment If that's all correct then the only other easy answer is knowing that to turn the lantern on requires a long press of the button and not just a quick click.

If those things have been done correctly and the batteries are charged but the light still doesn't function then I'm not sure what else to tell you other than to contact MEC and confirm with them the issue before asking for an exchange.
I finally turned it on. Thanks guys