Transplanting '16-'17 Accord LED headlamps to 2013 Accord Sport

czechopino

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a pair of the LED headlamps from a '16-17 MY Accord, as an upgrade to my 2013 Sport. Do you have a wiring schematic available for them to help me wire them up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a pair of the LED headlamps from a '16-17 MY Accord, as an upgrade to my 2013 Sport. Do you have a wiring schematic available for them to help me wire them up?
:welcome:
And you're transplanting the complete lamp assemblies, right? This means the difference between an awesome upgrade and a fiery crash.

czechopino

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:
And you're transplanting the complete lamp assemblies, right? This means the difference between an awesome upgrade and a fiery crash.
Yes entire assemblies. They are a direct fit save for a little gap where the 16-17 grill "horns" would go.

It's been done before. Here is a red one. Mine accord is black.

czechopino

Newly Enlightened
After the swap, be sure to get them aimed correctly, otherwise the upgrade could simply mean poorer seeing for you and extra glare for others.
First thing I do in any car I purchase used is to make sure all the lights work and are aimed properly, same with any lighting modifications.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
First thing I do in any car I purchase used is to make sure all the lights work
Good!
and are aimed properly
Good, but harder to do. It takes a properly set-up location for the on-the-wall method, and for best results proper tools (such as an optical headlamp aiming machine). Finally, it takes knowing what spec to follow (based on the lamps' lens markings).
same with any lighting modifications.
Sometimes that's a little harder to do, but seeing as you're putting in a complete set of factory lamp assemblies into a car rather than ripping apart a projector headlamp and trying to cram it into another ripped-apart lamp assembly, you might be a little better at determing that than many. However, there's a bunch of junk out there that might initially look like an upgrade but ultimately isn't.

czechopino

Newly Enlightened
Good!

Good, but harder to do. It takes a properly set-up location for the on-the-wall method, and for best results proper tools (such as an optical headlamp aiming machine). Finally, it takes knowing what spec to follow (based on the lamps' lens markings).

Sometimes that's a little harder to do, but seeing as you're putting in a complete set of factory lamp assemblies into a car rather than ripping apart a projector headlamp and trying to cram it into another ripped-apart lamp assembly, you might be a little better at determing that than many. However, there's a bunch of junk out there that might initially look like an upgrade but ultimately isn't.
It took an extensive amount of work and aiming for the last accord I had, where I retrofitted Honda S2000 AP1 projectors into my low beams. I was able to retain the factory adjustment mechanicals on that car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5MUA31V0HXqojYPT2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D15Xr1JSECBRayR2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eJaHanQqNhXtXBSL2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JCbdk4ruwHi9yRBf2

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
where I retrofitted Honda S2000 AP1 projectors into my low beams
Remember when I'd said
rather than ripping apart a projector headlamp and trying to cram it into another ripped-apart lamp assembly
?
That is not safe.

Again, determining what is safe and what isn't can be harder than you think.

What you're doing with the complete LED lamp assemblies is safe. But taking lamps apart and cobbling together a homemade lamp out of the two old ones is unsafe.

Last edited:

czechopino

Newly Enlightened
Last edited by a moderator: