Need help choosing options for Pflexpro M1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonbull

Newly Enlightened
After posting this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ough-Help-amp-Education&p=5173711#post5173711

Had a great chat with Randy over at Pflexpro. I'm going to be buying an M1 AP. As this will be my first real light, I'm looking for some help and education along the way.

NEED HELP SETTING IT UP

Which emitter do I want and why? The XML2/XPL or the XPL HI?

Which tint? And why

He recommends the AR lens and Enhanced FC

Buy Sanyo batteries and a charger through him or different battery and charger elsewhere?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
XPL Hi 5000K would clearly be my choice but if you wanted a more yellow cast you could get the 4000K. The cool option is for maximum lumens but practically it is not a whole lot more.

That is a good charger and the kind of battery many of us use. Good package deal.

If you are going to be walking around with the light on and will want to change modes regularly while the flashlight is on, consider the reverse clicky. It is very useful (only half-presses to change modes) and easier (for me) to program on the fly.

Forward clicky will give you a faster turn-on and half-press momentary; also useful depending on your application (occasional thrower while out and about)

Check out lucidrv CPF thread for programming tips.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?419551-Drjones-lucidrv2-questions

The micro texture lens is actually nice for its purpose to smooth the beam but will reduce throw a tiny amount. AR lenses help more light go through the glass.

I also have a hybrid reflector and like it, but it may not be one of those 'must have' items unless a person is very distracted by the transition from spot to spill.

Randy cares about switch quality and electrical flow efficiency. His setup is very nice.

Last edited:

Bostonbull

Newly Enlightened
I don't know enough about features and their pros/cons to begin deciding!

Everyday light, used primarily outdoors. Want a very low setting for night time indoor use, like walking to bathroom in dark cabin, without waking up everyone or blinding myself. Super high setting, and 1 or 2 mid settings. Woods, beach, and urban night uses.

Secondly is having my daughters and other ladies in my life blinding a would be jerk and allowing them to run away easily.

Programming....? That's further down the list. Who knew a small light was so advanced?!

Status
Not open for further replies.