rechargeable headlamp ideas?

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a rechargeable (preferably usb) headlamp for work. I often start or finish when it's dark, and need to look into peli cases, connect equipment, check for things on the ground, etc. - so it doesn't need much throw, it's about illuminating area near me and around me and not lighting up that tree in the distance. Something easy to put on and take off, once no longer needed. Runtime is also not a massive concern either, as it would be used for something like 20-30 minutes at a time max. Neutral LED would be best.

I'm considering Fenix HL40 and HL32. What else is worth checking out? Any ideas / advice much appreciated.

sffar

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
Just bought one of these . .
http://www.zebralight.com/H502c-L2-High-CRI-Neutral-White-AA-Flood-Headlamp_p_143.html
for similar purposes, although you'd have to get a rechargable AA as it doesn't plug in. My limited experience is with the Fenix HL15, and it's really designed more as a runner's light, so the above was ordered for a softer flood effect for reading or working at a desk. Just a thought. Doesn't arrive until tomorrow, so no hands on experience yet.
Sam

Last edited: