Floodlight type flashlight thru cover use

Essex Rider

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, slightly unusual request. I have a Koi Pond and in the depths of winter, I have a polycarbonate cover on it and I need an LED flashlight(s) to place on the covers when feeding the fish. I currently have a Klarus XT20, XT10 and an SP30, which weren't bought for this purpose, more for shining around our large garden and to find the dogs, as well as power cuts. These tend to give quite concentrated light in one spot, as the covers are about a foot above the water level.

I am looking for something that can give a wider angle than my current flashlights, willing to spend up to 250 USD.

Keitho

Enlightened
My favorite efficient 18650 floods are the Nichia version of the Noctigon M43 (4x18650) and Zebralight sc600fc IV plus (1x18650). If runtime isn't as important, Emisar D4 (not the HI versions) is a good value.

I've used diffuser tape on lots of lights to make them more floody.

Essex Rider

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help, some of those brands don't seem to be available here in the UK, however I've found the eagletac mx30L4xc which has a spill light angle of 77 degrees - would this be similar?

Keitho

Enlightened
Mtn electronics, intl outdoors, and the zebralight store all ship to the UK.

M43 is spill of 77 degrees; SC600FcIV+ is 90 degrees.

Essex Rider

Newly Enlightened
Mtn electronics, intl outdoors, and the zebralight store all ship to the UK.

M43 is spill of 77 degrees; SC600FcIV+ is 90 degrees.

Not quite as simple as that, most of the time packages coming in outside of the EU are taken to customs and held there until import tax is paid and my nearest centre is about a two hour drive away, so I'd have to go there - pay the tax then collect.

Taz80

Enlightened
The Fenix FD65 is a focusable light, that Fenix says is 90 degrees when in full flood. It has a neutral tint and a nice even flood with no hot spot at all. And its IP68 so you can drop it in the pond, as long as its not more than two meters deep.

Essex Rider

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix FD65 is a focusable light, that Fenix says is 90 degrees when in full flood. It has a neutral tint and a nice even flood with no hot spot at all. And its IP68 so you can drop it in the pond, as long as its not more than two meters deep.

'Thank you, I will have a look.

Essex Rider

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all, I found a UK supplier for the Zebralight sc600fc IV, so one on the way.
plus I also bought 2 x Eagletac MX30L4XC for other things at a good price. This forum has not been good for my wallet...:D:poke: