Olight S1A ....Modification possible?

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
For long distance hiking purposes, I'm trying to extend the runtime of an S1A for as long as possible in its most used mode. I've found that I rarely need more than 100 lm out of it, but the only time it stays at 100 lm is when it "steps down" after running at 200 lm for 1hour+. Many people on CPF have tested the lights to confirm how reliably this happens with the S1A (and other Olights), but for illustrative purposes, please refer to this chart to see what I'm talking about:
direct.php

Anyone have ideas about how to modify an S1A Baton so that in high mode, it skips over the initial 200 lm and immediately defaults to the 100 lm from the get go?

On a side note, if anyone has ideas about a 1 x AA light (stock or mod) that will consistently run for a really long time at around 100 lm (and not too floody), I'd be interested in hearing about it. Don't need any bells and whistles. Thank you.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
On a side note, if anyone has ideas about a 1 x AA light (stock or mod) that will consistently run for a really long time at around 100 lm (and not too floody), I'd be interested in hearing about it. Don't need any bells and whistles. Thank you.

Malkoff MDC 1AA ?

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff MDC 1AA ?

Thanks. Referencing Malkoff's specs and this formula: (mah battery/draw)*0.80=runtime in hours. So, if I'm doing the math right, since the MDC 1AA draws 1500ma on high (about 100lm) and an L91 has 3000ma, one could expect about 1.6 hours of runtime on that. Seems like I'd be better off sticking with the stock baton. Please let me know if I'm mistaken about this.