Need help with LED Strip Lights

cam4hdd

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I recently bought Waterproof USB LED Strip Lights with remote controller, I need a help setting them up. The leight is 5m (16ft) so I want to use them for multiple places around my TV, desk, pc monitor. I saw that they can cut so I'm interested if I cut them how to connect them like I said I want to connect them to my TV, desk and the pc monitor so will the remote controller work on all pieces.
Thanks

cam4hdd

Newly Enlightened
NEED to, no. You can solder to the small pads on the ends, just make sure to observe proper polarity.
I don't know how to sober, but with a connector its much easier to do it. My main question was if I cut the strip and connect the other half with the connector like that one above will the remote controller work on both strips?

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
Don't forget that the strips should only be cut where marked. Cutting in random places will only result in failure.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main question was if I cut the strip and connect the other half with the connector like that one above will the remote controller work on both strips?

The item in the link is only a 5 volt power supply. It is not switched.

When you use your controller, it turns power on and off to the different colors. However far you send the power it will keep doing the same thing. You can run wires from the switched strip to another strip (or several) and they will follow the first one. You can buy connectors, splice them to wires of any reasonable length, and run lights that are mounted all over the room from a single place. As FRITZHID said, you just need to run some wires.

Last edited: