• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

i3E-Cu Giveaway!!

Olightworld

Enlightened
I'm going to give away ONE i3E Copper today. Here's how I want to do this. I'd like to work on building up Olight's presence here on CPF. What I want from you guys, and this is how you enter to win, is ideas and content you all would like to see from me across the forum! One entry per person. I'll select a winner later tonight! Good luck and thanks for participating!

- Jesse

phosphor22

Enlightened
Thank you for asking what some folks would like to see:

1. A high CRI (Nichia 219C or B) fully regulated tiny AAA light
imo:
with 2-3 modes: a very low mode (say, perhaps around .5 lumens) and one or two higher modes (same size as the i3E -- but with the high CRI and two or three modes). Offered in titanium, steel (thanks for reminder about SS, LeanBurn, in your post), and/or copper, as well as anodized aluminum. This really tiny size is good for keychain carry.
2. AA - high CRI

3. asking for ideas!

Last edited:

pc_light

Enlightened
I think you're already on the right path by engaging members through solicitation of for their input.

There are members that enjoy reading, learning, owning and using the latest tools/toys. And there are members that enjoy/appreciate being able to provide input into the development of the next best thing and/or to share their experiences using the existing products.

FWIW, bear in mind, something that was mentioned in passing on another thread regarding forum members, that there are probably 100x the eyeballs than actual active CPF members.

Capolini

Banned
As pc light said you already are a presence. You have had several GAW'S in the last month. I got lucky and won the S1 mini!

I also know your CS is very good. Several months ago I lost my cigar ring for my M2X. I could not find it on your website. You sent me a replacement for FREE and I appreciate that!:D

Finally I would say just keep the same pace w/ the GAW's!!!!:thumbsup:

Gea2427

Newly Enlightened
Deffinetaly high cri lights. Also maybe different format lights such as 20700 or 21700 compatible tubes.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are things I look for when considering my next light:
-high CRI (As been mentioned)
-lights with sub 1 lumen output
-more of a variation on power source (AA availability) maybe lights that can run on multiple different sources
-stainless steel versions

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
This post is already a great idea by being cooperative with the community. My ideas:
-Some details, pictures or videos of the inner workings of the operation. I heard some buzz about how people were impressed by something that was released. I haven't even seen it myself but I'm still aware of it.
-Solicit member product feedback. Create an occasional special edition, limited edition, or collectors edition light.
-Occasional giveaway to generate buzz.
-Some prerelease teasers to generate buzz. Whether it's information, a picture, or just a hint or riddle. It's fun.
-If there are any complaints even directing someone to the right webpage or phone number generates goodwill. It makes it seem that someone is listening.
-Advertising and promotions. I'm interested in hearing about seasonal offers on this forum.
-Technical information & knowledge. Whether it's about a specific product, how measurements work (ANSI), product demonstration videos, general industry learning. People here are interested.
-Beamshot comparisons of your lights. People like to compare beams and tint when deciding on a specific product. Maybe a picture of multiple lights together to get an idea of overall size.
-If you have any interesting stories of how people use your lights those are lots of fun. Or invite people to tell their stories.
-Ask people to have a discussion about their favourite product in your catalogue, what and why they like it. This could be valuable marketing research.

Last edited:

grateful1

Newly Enlightened
One thing I like to see from vendors...participation.
On any forum I've been too...participation is key (for me).
Not just sales or company info... be a member.

That to me shows a company is more than just on a site to sell. They want to be part of - and to me that's important....as I could buy from 'just' anyone. :D

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to see more review give-aways. Basically, offer new lights to several people in exchange for a review here on CPF. Different people have different review styles, all of which can be useful. Some like the very technical aspect with data, charts, and tests. Others like the more field use/EDC-focus reviews for practical usage. In any case, I think the best way companies can get people reviewing their products is to offer them up for review to a number of different people.

Drunken Monkey

Newly Enlightened
I love the member engagement but would also like to see more transparency. We love to hear about your triumphs but also be very up front and honest about issues. All manufacturers and retail stores have issues with product supply, engineering fixes and shipping delays. I tend to put faith in the companies that admit an issue and keep me informed of the solutions as they evolve.

Nev

Banned
I like to see lumens , run times ,beam shots & photos , so I'm happy anyways

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I've never participated in one of the giveaways on here. But it's exciting when s great manufacturer asks for community opinion. At this point winning doesn't matter to me. Just the fact that our voices, opinions and concerns are being heard.

Ive become addicted to moonlight modes on my flashlights. 0.2 lumens and lower isn't too low!

ironhorse

Enlightened
I like to see the option of a Hi CRI Led.
I like sub lumen levels.
Nice transition from the hotspot with no noticeable rings in the beam.
More flood than throw type beam.
I like the rotary control like the Jetbeam RRT-01 had.
Thanks for asking for input.

Strintguy

Enlightened
Hi CRI light options, a variety of emitter choices, more stories of great customer service and warranty fulfilment

Gea2427

Newly Enlightened
Cool to see a manufacturer ask for opinions and comments regarding their products. Id like to see Some more throwers, longer runtime, and variety of tints to be available.

mniezen

Newly Enlightened
This is exactly one of the things I like seeing. Asking for input from potential buyers of Olight products. Regular contact whether questions or sharing new products and the intended use of such products. Seeing input from real people rather than a "company face". I am a simple flashlight user and feel much more comfortable buying when I have some real contact with the people in it.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about some lanterns for camping, power failures, etc.? Magnetic base, micro-usb rechargeable so any cellphone charger could recharge it, either multi-AA or 1 or 2x18650 powered.

I have several Olights through the years and they are solid performers I should say.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warning, this might be a crazy list, I'm just thinking out loud. (Actually, typing.)

You know how you do those special runs of flashlights? How about you let us vote and you do a run of a Special Edition, member chosen "2018 CandlePower Forum" light with XXX of XXX printed/engraved on them? You could sell them on Olightstore on a hidden page that is only accessible from a link from a CandlePower Forum thread or special instructions (a weird search string).

We all seem to like batteries, are there any interesting battery sizes? Could you release a light you could release to use a new type of battery?

No one seems to make a light that runs off of Lithium rechargeables that has a 2 hour or longer runtime on max. I want to get a medium output as the highest level light that I can hand to a non-flashaholic that they can't burn through the battery in 15 minutes. My preference is to neutral or High CRI.

I don't think many people make a light that can run off a flat top 10440 cell. Many seem to have reverse polarity protection that doesn't work with a flat top battery.

Would you be able to provide a place for AW to continue to produce batteries?

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's important and like to see responses within a reasonable time (3 to 5 days) when questions or concerns are directed to vendors.

I also like sneak peak and preview of up and coming lights.

Pre order coupons or discount codes often help buyers pull the trigger on a product as well.

Even just a quick post letting us know of promotions is nice as well.

Thanks for the giveaway and for wanting to engage in the community. :thumbsup: