Need advice on an old Fivemega (I think) Maglite conversion

RandyJMP

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I am having some problems with a converted Maglite I bought many years ago. Two issues actually but one I need to fix before I can do anything about the other. I managed to break the lower battery holder (it's a conversion of I think a 2D Maglite to 8 AA) and can't find a replacement. Anyone have any idea where (or if) I could get another one of these:

ZAA==

Any help would be appreciated. If I'm better off just scrapping the light or getting a different insert entirely, I'm open to that too.

Thanks!

Randy

RandyJMP

Newly Enlightened
Looks like that's it, thanks! Just need to send him a note to ask him why the White 8AA to 2D is 9.6v and the Black is 4.8v.

Randy

broadgage

Enlightened
9.6 volts would be all 8 cells in series, presuming rechargeables.
4.8 volts would be 4 cells in series, or in the case of 8 cells, a series parallel arrangement such as parallel pairs of cells and then then 4 such pairs in series.

RandyJMP

Newly Enlightened
Replacement parts for this light are no longer available, which is a shame, I don't consider it to be particularly old and really like it. I've managed to fix the battery holder for now at least but it seems the bulb is toast. Started looking around for WA1164 or 64430 bulbs but not having much luck. Anybody know where to still find these? 8AA puts out 12V.

Thanks