What flashlight you have in hand before you get into CPF?

Ben Wu

Newly Enlightened
Wonder what flashlight you guys used before you get into CPF, I have a Fenix LD12 and Wuben TO10R, welcome to post yours below!

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Bushnell from Wal-Mart. I went out on a whim and bought the brightest light I could that I thought I could edc. I Paid $45 for it and now I look back and want to smack myself. Should have bought a D1

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a green 2AA Mini Maglite before CPF then my brother got himself a Fenix L1D and that was what hooked on flashlights ;-).

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
mini maglights, D cell mags, and the original MagCharger on duty.
(yeah I go back to the hotwire era)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led Lenser T7 TI, Led Lenser P7, Q-beam(One million Candlepower, can run off your cars cigarette lighter-Still available, WAIT! Get a second Q-Beam FREE, just pay separate S& H fee of $19.99), Fluorescent Snake light, Eveready two AA light...
Wow, I owned 5 lights before I found CPF and became a "True" Flashaholic. For the youngsters here: cars used to have a round, push to use cigarette lighter in every car. Now there are USB ports and "ancillary power supplies", in case you wondered why on earth anyone would build a car with a cigarette lighter...

dhunley1

Enlightened
Fenix PD-20 then a PD-22 when I lost the PD-20.

Never felt the need to own more than a couple lights until I joined this place... Now I have a couple dozen or so.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
AA incan mini mag replaced a 5 LED Barney Beam (purple... get it?) Yup, the incan was brighter.
Then a Coast HP7 and Energizer 2aa Hardcase.

Man, I thought the only thing man made any brighter was those spotlights on helicopters. Little did I know that Vihn character was doing those with light you can fit in a jacket pocket.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
There were a couple 2d and 2aa Inc and around. A mag solitaire also in can. Then I realized I needed some light with me sometimes and the solitaire didn't cut it. Got a microstream and not long after a fenix e11. Might have been the other way around. Anyway, found this place somewhere after that. When I look back I was Probly good with just that. But as it goes with this place, I went off the deep end a bit. Oh well. Good times. Well lit good times.

Last edited:

Jrs99

Newly Enlightened
Fenix PD35 and an Olight S2R.
Today was supposed to be a great mail day with the delivery of my Okluma DC1 however USPS screwed up and it's sitting in Richmond.
Tomorrow my precious should arrive!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first flashlight was pelican 7060. 368 lumen. Cree XR-E led? I bought in 2015 from ebay. I watch youtube, google, and discover cpf.