• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam UC15vn - Brightest Keychain

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]Acebeam UC15vn - Brightest Keychain[/h]
Factory Link Click Here

• 2 Free IMR10440 with raised button top modded for this light
  • Measured 950 Lumen Stock
  • Bright UV and Red light can be handy
  • Pocket clip makes light thick
  • 2 screws remains to cover holes if pocket clip is removed
  • Light rain seems OK. Do not dunk in water!
  • 2 Free IMR10440 Included
  • Red LED swapped for 319AT 5000K - 15 Lumen (Love this! Excellent for long runtime cap light). If you want to keep Red note at checkout.
  • Choose body color or I will surprise you
$88 Spec 1 XPL2 HD 4000K
$88 Spec 2 219c 5000K
$88 Spec 3 XPL 6500K 1100 Lumen
$72 Spec 4 XPG2 PDT ~5000K

+$5 for V54 Engraving

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
After lots of time with the U15vn I conclude its one of my favorite Keychain/EDC light. I like it as much as the ToolVN.

Pictures shows XPL2 4000K & 319AT 5000K

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying this over the past week and I must say I am loving it. Build quality is excellent - nice and solid. It's unbelievably bright for a keychain light. The Nichia 319AT mule has been very useful and has come in handy a few times. Haven't used the UV yet but it's nice to have I guess. Being able to run this hotrod off AAA's is also a great feature if you want (or need to).

It's funny you mentioned the Toolvn because I also had it out this week to compare. Man.. I forgot how pretty the Toolvn is :)

@ateupwithgolf - I carried it this week either clipped to my pocket and in my pocket with keys and didn't have any issues with accidental activation. Maybe because the button is much stiffer than something like the Nitecore TIP. But time will tell I guess.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Contemplating on getting one...

I don't think there is another higher performing keychain light...at least for the money. Grab the stock if you got use for red and save some money :)

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, how do you mod the batteries to work with this light? I have 4 Efest batteries and they don't work at all (probably because they need button tops).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, how do you mod the batteries to work with this light? I have 4 Efest batteries and they don't work at all (probably because they need button tops).

Tiny bit of solder top will do. Some cells has ever so slightly taller tops works even without modding.

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
What are your thoughts on those little magnets that you can put on and a little glue around to secure? Also have you had uneven drain between the 2 cells in any of your UC15 lights?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to do an emitter swap on my UC15, but am having difficulty accessing the emitter.

I tried removing the bezel, lens and reflector and could see the star, but it can't be removed from the front.

Do I need to remove the 4 screws at the bottom of the battery compartment (near the head) in order to get to the star?

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What are your thoughts on those little magnets that you can put on and a little glue around to secure? Also have you had uneven drain between the 2 cells in any of your UC15 lights?

I dont like magnets...but I guess they might work..

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to do an emitter swap on my UC15, but am having difficulty accessing the emitter.

I tried removing the bezel, lens and reflector and could see the star, but it can't be removed from the front.

Do I need to remove the 4 screws at the bottom of the battery compartment (near the head) in order to get to the star?

Thanks!

Yes! Careful not to strip them by over tightening them.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! Thanks for the response.

Hm... the little hex wrench they gave me with the light isn't long enough to reach to the bottom of the compartment. neither is my other hex wrench. Might have to take a wrench and bend it so I can get it in there.

I'm fairly impressed with the UC15. It's not super-light weight, but the performance and UI are quite good. With batteries installed I measured mine at 52g. Compared to 58g for my modified Sofirn SP10b, and 64g for my stock Eagtac DX3.

Joeymt3

Enlightened
How many modes or brightness levels are there? Does this have your driver like my toolvn?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip Vinh.

Had to do some song and dance to try to get those screws tightened down though. One hex wrench wasn't long enough. I had another that was, but it had a ball tip at the end of the wrench and the screw wouldn't stay stuck to the end of the wrench when I was trying to reassemble the light. Had me thinking I might have to make another trip to OSH to get the wrench I really needed, but that would've been $25 for a set of wrenches when I really only needed the smallest one just for this project.

Fortunately, before I blew that extra money I found something that worked: I ended up using the stock wrench that came with the light, with the angled portion broken off (after I tried to bend it with a pliers), and then stuck into the handle of a pin vise drill.

I emitter-swapped the main emitter with an XPL HI 4000K 5A2. Gives a brighter hotspot and neutral tint. Downside is XPL HI also creates a ring around the hotspot that wasn't present with the original domed emitter.

Overall, the UC15 is a great light. Great UI and built quality. Nice to see it came with a copper star. This is my first Acebeam product and I'm impressed.

I highly recommend the UC15 to anyone who wants a Vinh-modified keychain light with ridiculous output. It is a bit larger than most keychain lights though... almost as big as a 1xAA light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I always carry this light in my pocket with no clip. :)

Thanks for the tip Vinh.

Had to do some song and dance to try to get those screws tightened down though. One hex wrench wasn't long enough. I had another that was, but it had a ball tip at the end of the wrench and the screw wouldn't stay stuck to the end of the wrench when I was trying to reassemble the light. Had me thinking I might have to make another trip to OSH to get the wrench I really needed, but that would've been $25 for a set of wrenches when I really only needed the smallest one just for this project.

Fortunately, before I blew that extra money I found something that worked: I ended up using the stock wrench that came with the light, with the angled portion broken off (after I tried to bend it with a pliers), and then stuck into the handle of a pin vise drill.

I emitter-swapped the main emitter with an XPL HI 4000K 5A2. Gives a brighter hotspot and neutral tint. Downside is XPL HI also creates a ring around the hotspot that wasn't present with the original domed emitter.

Overall, the UC15 is a great light. Great UI and built quality. Nice to see it came with a copper star. This is my first Acebeam product and I'm impressed.

I highly recommend the UC15 to anyone who wants a Vinh-modified keychain light with ridiculous output. It is a bit larger than most keychain lights though... almost as big as a 1xAA light.