Comparison

drummer132132

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

Wanted to hear the opinions of everyone about the comparison of two lights in relation to how fast they generate heat and how they deal with it. With the idea of a ramp ui being available I've been looking at the TN40Svn with 5000k xhp35 hi and the X65vn with 5000k xhp35 hi. Either with your personal experience or best hypothetical guess which of the two will handle the heat the best? Aka which would last longer on higher outputs, not necessarily turbo. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated and very helpful.

Hope everyone is doing well,

John

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure. X65vn is better with the heat.. I documented the heat test between tn40vn and X65vn. I will post tonight.

X65vn. Less heat. Longer run time. Battery pack suck. Longer body tube.
tn40vn. More heat. Should not be a problem if you live in cold climate. Battery carrier. More compact.

Specs for both lights are similar.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure. X65vn is better with the heat.. I documented the heat test between tn40vn and X65vn. I will post tonight.

tn40vn. More heat. Should not be a problem if you live in cold climate. Battery carrier. More compact. Cheaper.

drummer132132

Enlightened

tn40vn. More heat. Should not be a problem if you live in cold climate. Battery carrier. More compact.

Thank you for the info. Battery packs aren't as nice as a carrier but convenient in a way.

X65vn does throw further. Drawback is size but I'm not worried about that. Anything compared to the GT I think isn't to bad anymore lol.