Looking for a headlamp for a hard hat.

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
My new job has me in need of a headlamp that can mount to a hard hat. It needs to be weather, dirt, and impact resistant. I'm a flatbed trucker and need it for when I'm loading, unloading, and tarping loads. I need more flood then throw as I don't need to light up more then about 70-100 feet.

Must have: all weather proof, impact resistant, dirt/dust proof, mounts to a standard plastic American hard hat, rechargeable battery, lights up an area 70-100 feet away enough to see what I'm working on.

I would like to have: 18650 or USB charging with a standard type USB cord, ability to use on a baseball hat or just my head adjustable light output, not heavy enough to make my hard hat fall off when I look up or down.

Budget: I would like to stay under $100. Might go higher for the perfect light.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has a dedicated helmet mount for their HL55 and HL60R headlamps. It works on industrial work helmets and outdoor helmets.

The HL55 is what we use every day working in the barn and around the farm. It's basically all flood and no spot, but will easily light up everything out to 150'. The ratcheting design is top notch, it's waterproof to IPX-8 and it's built nails tough.

Here's the headlamp.
https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-hl55-led-headlamp/

And the dedicated helmet mount:
https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-alg-03-headlamp-helmet-attachment/

Beaker

Newly Enlightened
Look at the Zebralight H600 series ($89):
- Made in flood, spot, and "floody" versions. The last one is probably best for your needs.
- 18650 powered.
- crazy bright (popular among cavers, who need a *lot* of light)
- insanely durable (very popular among cavers, aka "people who regularly bang them on pointy rocks and dunk them in water). I've put mine thru the washer and dryer by accident. It's still perfect.
- Doesn't come with a direct mount but the three-way harness stays on helmets quite well (and as a bonus can be used for non-helmet use if you like.)
- Not directly USB rechargeable, but USB chargers for 18650 are readily and cheaply available (~$10 or so IIRC).

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the great recommendations. I'll defiantly be reading over all the specs and I'm sure I'll be ordering one of them soon.

Thanks again.