Please help with choosing an all rounder 26650 flashlight

W00DY

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, thanks for reading :)

Great forum, have done lots of reading and decided to sign up hopefully for some help/advice!

First flashlight was Thrunite TN12 NW, use this for work and it has been a solid great torch (as we call them over here in the UK!!). Decided I then needed one for home, dog walks and the like at 5am so after some research opted for the Thrunite TN4A HI NW. I have been impressed with this one but battery life is poor and fed up of changing batteries or constantly swapping out rechargeable AA's. I've got a bit fed up with it tbh so will be selling that one.

I now want something better! Ideally I want a good combo of throw and spill, NW colour and rechargeable. I'm happy to step up from the single 18650 EDC to the 26650 form but no bigger.

The obvious choice is the Thrunite TC20 NW. It's 320m of throw with 3800 lumens of spill and is rechargeable with good build quality and battery life etc. Also with the 20% off, $71.96 (approx £52 but after VAT and admin fees will be more like £70) it's a really great price.

However, after viewing many YouTube videos and reviews on 26650 flashlights, I'm left feeling confused! I'm now considering the Acebeam EC60 amongst others, over 600m of throw and still a good spill! I have seen 'skylumen' sells a vn NW version but not cheap. I supppse I want the epic throw for the wow effect and the odd occasion I'm doing long range searches at work but realistically the spill is used more.

Just worried I'll be disappointed with the TC20 throw but possibly disappointed with spill on EC60 or similar especially as likely to be more expensive! I appreciate it's probably a commonly asked question but yes, which is the best throw/spill combo 26650 NW flashlight available right now delivered to UK for circa £100...?

Many thanks,

Woody

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Not sure about 26650 as don't have any, but look at the SRK, a genuine one is a good light, maybe a little big diametre but NW version is great, I live in Norfolk(UK) in the sticks and use this all the time

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I have used a Fenix PD35 (Thrunite TN12 equivalent) as a worklight for 3 years until I decided I wanted something...more.

After reading back and forth for over a month, I ultimately settled on the Acebeam EC50 Gen. II 5000 K (neutral white).
It was pricy, but it was well worth it, with the higher output I was looking for, a great combination of spill and throw, and the most evenly spread beam of light I've ever seen.

Uses 1x 26650 (included), and fits nicely on a belt (holster also included). I've used it for about a year now, and I would definitely buy one again.
Sizewise, the EC50 is the same length as a TN12, but with 50% added girth.

However, if throw is what you're looking for, would something like a Convoy L6 be worth looked at?
Note that it is a 2x 26650 light. But it's a great budget thrower.

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
There's also the Fenix FD40 adjustable focus (zoomie), which uses one 26650 (with adapter for 18650). Love mine. CPF Review LINK

Technically not rechargeable, although you can get it bundled with the Fenix single battery ARE-X1 charger (Amazon link).

Last edited: